Talk

Advanced search

To let my dd think I can do magic spells.

(21 Posts)
justpaddling Sat 11-Jun-11 09:42:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KatyMac Sat 11-Jun-11 09:43:45

I just wrote a note when DD lost/swallowed one

But your way works for me

changeforthebetter Sat 11-Jun-11 09:45:23

It's the ducking stool for you then grin

Sounds like a good idea and avoids her missing a swimming lesson because of the "mumbo jumbo" of tooth fairies which most school parents will happily participate in!

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sat 11-Jun-11 09:46:25

Such foresight, OP... keeping our own baby teeth. Wish I'd thought of that. grin

titferbrains Sat 11-Jun-11 09:46:35

No problem with mummy magic here. My mum had me and a friend we did carpool with that the car could fly, it was never the right time/too rainy/too hot/we were being too noisy... Can't believe she got away with it for as long as she did but I can still remember thinking maybe, just maybe, this Toyota Cressida will really take off one day! grin

QuoththeRaven Sat 11-Jun-11 09:46:48

why dont you just write a note to the tooth fairy? your daughter can help

Dear Tooth Fairy
One of my teeth fell out today while I was at -insert name of pool here-
Really sorry to cause any inconvienence.
Lots of Love DD....

Obviously don't make yours as professional as mine wink and that way DD will get the penny and the Tooth fairy will be able to find the tooth

happymole Sat 11-Jun-11 10:26:39

A penny shock

I used to get a pound and that was over twenty years ago!

wink

Icelollycraving Sat 11-Jun-11 10:32:44

Yanbu! That was inspired!

QOD Sat 11-Jun-11 10:35:17

My DD thought SHE could do magic when she was little, she had a wand, she would put 2 things in front of her and say "magic magic do your trick, do your trick today fast as you can say DING" - with her eyes shut

THEY MOVED!!

Think she was about 6 before she opened her eyes early...

And she thought I could lay chocolate (Kinder) eggs until yr1

vmcd28 Sat 11-Jun-11 10:50:21

no, yanbu. Mums and dads should be more like this - the magical side of childhood seems to be disappearing in a lot of families. sad

As an aside my 6yo ds still has his baby teeth - so how much does the tooth fairy give the kids these days?

FairyLightsForever Sat 11-Jun-11 10:57:44

My DS swallowed one and we wrote the tooth fairy a note. He got his money as usual and a teeny, tiny letter too grin

IslaValargeone Sat 11-Jun-11 11:00:04

I think it's a fabulous idea. I'm into keeping tooth fairies and all other magical childhood things alive for as long as possible. I know that's not everyone's way but each to their own. I do get quite cross at parents who make a big deal that their child doesn't believe in the tooth fairy/father Christmas etc now that they are 5, and they seem to delight in shattering the myth for as many people as they can. My dd who is 9 still believes in Santa, we went to Lapland last Christmas and she is convinced beyond all doubt she has met the real one. It was one of the most magical experiences ever, I cried blush grin

thursday Sat 11-Jun-11 11:02:53

christ, how old is she? why would anyone have a problem? if we're going to let them have some magic in their lives with father christmas and tooth fairies then why not have mummy be a bit magic too?

justpaddling Sat 11-Jun-11 11:04:18

IslaValargeone Sat 11-Jun-11 11:06:29

My dh does a great levitating trick, and the old coin from behind the ear, which next doors kids just love. I think it's great if she thinks mummy can do magic.

QuintessentialOldMoo Sat 11-Jun-11 11:07:02

We tricked the tootfairy with a small white stone.
Ds1 fell over the front of a hill, offroading down the mountain on his bike (after I had scared him shitless exlaiming that the midgets were coming to eat us up hmm (in my view one of the most hillarious threads on mn, but not saved..... so not in classics) ) He lost his tooth, and we found a small white stone, and I told him, look, the toothfairy wont notice. She didn't of course. wink

lazylula Sat 11-Jun-11 11:07:49

Ds1 is convinced that he is 'magic' thanks to dh who kept 'making things disappear' for him from under a sheet when he said the magic words and then reappear! I think it is sweet, but I also like the letter idea, will keep that in mind should the need arise!

justpaddling Sat 11-Jun-11 11:07:57

Chummybud1 Sat 11-Jun-11 11:16:23

When I moved hundreds of miles away from my wee nephew I told him I had a magic telescope so I could still see him. My sister then phoned me to tell me when good things happen like winning a certificate etc, I would then phone him and tell him the exact details of the event. Kept him and I amused and happy for a long time.

thursday Sat 11-Jun-11 11:18:50

well, i might give you a funny look in the playground if she was 12, but anyone who sneers about tooth fairies for 6yr olds is a bit of a misery.

DontCallMePeanut Sat 11-Jun-11 11:24:25

DS screamed when I first pulled my thumb off. Genuine concern.

He stood tugging at his ear the other day, trying to find the penny...No luck, unfortunately...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now