Talk

Advanced search

I don't want to do anything or go anywhere today - AIBU?

(8 Posts)
Numberfour Sat 11-Jun-11 08:10:27

This week has been really busy - I work full time and study part time and had one assignment to hand in on Thursday. I had to stay up late doing it most nights! Last night I had too much wine and stayed up too late watching "Black Swan" (crap movie if ever there was one).

Today, DS has a club to go to this morning and we have a party on tonight at a friends. All I want to do is stay home, have a nap, nurse my hangover and Not Go Out!!!

DS does not really want to go to the club thingy this morning and DH is not keen on the party tonight. The problem is that I will feel that I am letting down the other people at the club and a friend at the party if we don't go.

It is up to me if we go or not. AIBU to stay home?

(what a ridiculous bloody aibu................)

dexter73 Sat 11-Jun-11 08:12:44

Stay at home! You may feel like going to the party later if you have had a nice lazy day. Agree with you about Black Swan btw!

purepurple Sat 11-Jun-11 08:14:54

Stay at home. It is important that you have some wind-down time or you will be heading for a burn-out.
Have a nice day at home instead.

happy2bhomely Sat 11-Jun-11 08:15:40

Stay home-I am! I've made coffee and that is as much as I'm doing until dinner time rolls round. UANBU!

Numberfour Sat 11-Jun-11 08:22:41

smile Thanks! Whew! I have permission to do nothing.

Punkatheart Sat 11-Jun-11 09:22:52

Zombie weekends. Can recommend 'em. Enjoy!

wineandcheese Sat 11-Jun-11 10:06:02

I feel sorry for the friend who is hosting the party - it's horrible when people don't come because they can't be bothered.

Numberfour Sat 11-Jun-11 10:11:56

Wineandcheese, I understand that, but I don't know her very well, and there will only be one other person besides the host, that I will know. DS and DH will know only me! I don't even know the party giver's husband.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: