Talk

Advanced search

Message to newpapers and media

(42 Posts)
Vagabond Sat 11-Jun-11 01:07:43

We don't care about Pippa's bottom. It's so boring. Who is interested in this?

Please lose the Kardashians - in all shapes and forms. They are famous because their father defended O J Simpson. Say no more.

Have you seen Paris Hilton's sex tape? It's so embarrassing yet she's now a celebrity with ' star power'. The world has gone mad. Who on this earth gives a damn about Paris Hilton?

I could go on, but I might get vexed,....

AgentZigzag Sat 11-Jun-11 01:14:39

What are 'the Kardashians'?

And where is Paris Hilton? <<snigger>>

PosiePerkinPootle Sat 11-Jun-11 09:05:52

I totally agree...also couldn't give a rats arse about towie ( have never watched it..don't know who these people are) suri cruises shoes, or poshs "sacrifices" over being a "working" mum.

fuzzpigFriday Sat 11-Jun-11 09:08:35

I agree. And while your at it, maybe stop airbrushing women one week and then criticising their bodies the next.

CurlyBoy Sat 11-Jun-11 10:23:03

I care about Pippas' bottom! It was the best part of watching the wedding. Ok, maybe second best part after that amazing Aston Martin they drove off in.

southeastastra Sat 11-Jun-11 10:28:27

agree but have to say i do like the kardashians for some mad reason

vmcd28 Sat 11-Jun-11 10:48:08

I cared about Pippa's bum for 24 hours, then not so much.

In the DM yesterday (I know, I know) they were criticising Nicola Maclean (glamour model) for going out with a top that showed her saggy/wrinkly baby belly. Yet last week they were all caring about her cos she admitted to having AN EATING DISORDER. So, nice responsible reporting from them.

fuzzpigFriday Sat 11-Jun-11 11:14:35

Oops just realised I meant you're not your blush

Maybe I should work for the Grauniad grin

Lovecat Sat 11-Jun-11 11:19:35

Oh, is that why the Kardashians are famous?

I could never work that one out....[dense]

CrapBag Sat 11-Jun-11 12:20:58

YADNBU!!!!!!!!!

BitOfFun Sat 11-Jun-11 12:22:36

I thought the Kardashians were in Star Trek? I wondered why their name kept cropping up confused

Cymar Sat 11-Jun-11 12:55:20

LOL @ BitOfFun. I'm sure those species were Cardassians. I usually say Kardashians when talking to my trekkie DB when rather pished pissed wink.

NoseyNooNoo Sat 11-Jun-11 13:04:49

I have no idea who the Kardashians are and am not sure what channel TOWIE is on or whether it's a documentary or fiction. I am so bored of Philippa too. I'm not sure if this is just me gettting old but the 'popular press' do seem obsessed with the minutiae of bland people's lives.

begonyabampot Sat 11-Jun-11 13:16:51

is it a sigh you are aging when you read the papers and you don't know who all these people are?

a bit off topic but saw a clip of Peter Andre's real life TV show and he totally creeps me out. Does anybody like him?

scottishmummy Sat 11-Jun-11 23:56:41

your post says more about you,op,than the meeja
fact is you know and get indignant about this shite. but you being an avid consumer if media detritus doesnt mean you should censor others readership

dont read daily mail,bit dont care if anyone else does

GooGooGadget Sun 12-Jun-11 00:00:08

read i.

smile

UrsulaBuffay Sun 12-Jun-11 00:01:50

I don't know what a Jwoww is or Selena Gomez.

Stop writing evil shit about women's bodies, leave us all the fuck alone.

tomhardyismydh Sun 12-Jun-11 00:02:21

who is pippa and whats wrong with her bottom?

and

who are the kardashians?

and

why would I want to watch paris hiltons sex tape? <<<shudders>>>

the mind boggles.

op try reading a better news paper, listening to a better news and radio channel and you may never hear these names again.

just a suggestion

UrsulaBuffay Sun 12-Jun-11 00:03:34

Are we all pretending we don't have MailOnline as a favourite peruse the trashier papers?

scottishmummy Sun 12-Jun-11 00:04:17

radio scotland-no karwhatsthefuckdashians
at all

OpusProSerenus Sun 12-Jun-11 00:05:10

Not only could we lose all this rubbish but how about being really controversial and asking them could you just report the news instead of trying to manufacture it? Could you please try to just give us the facts and let us make up our own minds, like adults, as to what we think instead of you just telling us what you want us to think?

scottishmummy Sun 12-Jun-11 00:05:39

mn has daily mail links from folks who dont read it,daily

tomhardyismydh Sun 12-Jun-11 00:07:27

it tends to be the first shot up in google and most links are also probably examples of poor and one sided reporting.

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 12-Jun-11 00:13:28

Don't buy it and don't click on it. Can you tell I've been at the Boycotting thread recently?

tomhardyismydh Sun 12-Jun-11 00:16:02

I boycotted years ago when a care setting I worked at had it delivered daily against my daily protests at it arriving, I often posted back through the letter box.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: