Talk

Advanced search

Car advice

(4 Posts)
Rachyrachrach Fri 10-Jun-11 23:06:15

I know this isn't really AIBU but traffic etc...

I've finally been bullied/persuaded into admitting that my little clown car is not a sensible family vehicle for camping holidays etc and will be trading in my gorgeous little car next week. The car we're looking at is a citroen zara (sp) picasso. Admittedly would be perfect for us as has the boot space and would be more comfortable for DH because of the height (he has mobility problems, doesn't drive right now but will be taking his test very soon). Does anybody have one of these and are they ok? A bit nervous as have only driven small cars until now!

Zingylemontart Fri 10-Jun-11 23:09:33

I love mine. The only thing I'll say about it is that the windscreen pillar gets in the way a bit, but otherwise you have a great view, the boot is cavernous, and it's a comfy ride. Mine's getting on a bit now (02 reg) but it'll have to do for a while! It's built on the chassis of a Citroen Xsara, so it's really no bigger than a hatchback. You're just higher up.

BikeRunSki Fri 10-Jun-11 23:09:34

I am a small car devotee, but a few years ago I had a Picasso for a few weeks for work and I found it fine. The height helps with the size perception. I am very nervous of "proper estates" ie: DH's Skoda Octavia.

Rachyrachrach Fri 10-Jun-11 23:24:22

Thanks, you're helping! I drive a saxo at the moment and we have managed festivals and holidays in it but the DS faces are pressed against the glass by the time we get all our stuff in! I love my little car so much but acknowledge it's no longer suitable sooo......

If anyone in east mids wants to buy a lovely saxo give me,a shout!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: