Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to buy this?

(21 Posts)
troisgarcons Fri 10-Jun-11 22:00:40

Can't afford it in a million years but I just feel like pretending I can so I can sneer at the plebs

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30148021.html/svr/2703;jsessionid=1865608B07D737C30D79CDC30A64CE7B?showcase=true&premiumA=true

Mandy2003 Fri 10-Jun-11 22:04:40

Nice if you like that sort of thing! It's a bit WAG-on-sea for me though grin

Mandy2003 Fri 10-Jun-11 22:09:48

Now this is my idea of a seaside property. But even the ones there at a third of the price are pretty cool (well, darn freezing and permanently damp!)

Pumpernickel10 Fri 10-Jun-11 22:10:44

Pleb sneering I like it

FellatioNelson Fri 10-Jun-11 22:17:02

I can't make the link work, but I'm all for a bit of pleb sneering. If it's WAGGY I won't like it though.

ChairOfTheBored Fri 10-Jun-11 22:20:25

YANBU to want to buy it, but I'd make it a condition they take those darned awful sofas with them...

kitsmummy Fri 10-Jun-11 22:28:43

Oh my god, that house that Mandy linked to is AMAZING

passivelyaggresive Fri 10-Jun-11 22:47:15

dont like that first one at all, its naff grin amd he house linked to by Mandy, whilst amazing, is actually neighboured by a nuclear power station!

ThisisaSignofthetimes Fri 10-Jun-11 22:50:16

At least they have been honest enough to include a photo of the now only partly used power station!

passivelyaggresive Fri 10-Jun-11 22:57:24

To be fair Thisisasign, i wouldnt have a problem myself (if i could afford it) and id love to have that as a holiday home. I love dungeoness, although im a bit puzzled about it being such a property hotspot, theres nothing there - well, thats the thing, theres nothing there, thats the attraction - and the fish you catch there HUGE!!! apparently, and that is to do with the powerstation but not because of anything other than the water thats cycled through is warmed up when it goes back in the sea. Ive been in the powerstation, its fascinating - i didnt see homer anywhere though d'oh

feedthegoat Fri 10-Jun-11 22:57:27

The first one is horrific but I love the second one, even despite its neighbour.

harecare Fri 10-Jun-11 22:57:58

OPs is too big and not enough garden for my £7,000,000. Mandy's is very under budget but not at all homely.

passivelyaggresive Fri 10-Jun-11 22:59:10

OMG its got a train carriage as a kitchen - that carriage has been on the beach there for as long as i can remember. I was at dungeoness last year and that house wasnt there so i guess its brand new - i think i might have to have a trip down there just to have a look, i think its very cool indeed

zukiecat Fri 10-Jun-11 23:00:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

passivelyaggresive Fri 10-Jun-11 23:00:53

when they say its only partly used though, they mean that there used to be two active reactors now there is only one - hows that for estate agent speak!!

Mumswang Fri 10-Jun-11 23:18:32

Sandbanks Is shit. It's just a congested road with tacky houses each side. Fact.

FellatioNelson Sat 11-Jun-11 07:33:13

500k is too much money to pay for an over-sized designer shed with a very short life span due to being mainly wood, and built on sandy ground which will probably erode due to the elements though. And factor in the power station as well....

It's stunning, but let's face it, tis nowt but a rich man's folly for uber-trendy weekend jaunts. That area is not great either.

IWantToBeAFairyWhenIGrowUp Sat 11-Jun-11 08:56:20

Don't like either really. I did like the bar room in the first one though grin

CroissantNeuf Sat 11-Jun-11 09:08:14

I've never seen the appeal of Sandbanks at all.

All the houses just seem crammed in really close together and look as if they are competing in the "I may have shit loads of money but I have zero taste" competition

passivelyaggresive Sat 11-Jun-11 11:54:54

I have a image of the whole of sandbacks disappearing into the sea and taking the WAGs with it. WHY would anyone want to live there? If i had all the money in the world, i still woudlnt want to live there - there are far nicer places to live.

passivelyaggresive Sat 11-Jun-11 11:59:38

The more i look at Mandy's link, the more i love it, and i would buy it if i had the money, which of course, i don't. The first one - i hate it, its vile, i can find nothing about it that i like.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: