Talk

Advanced search

to not want to spend time with my DF now that she's let herself go?

(72 Posts)
youdknowwhoiwas Fri 10-Jun-11 20:06:36

My oldest friend, from infants, has over that last 10 years, in my opinion started to not really care about her appearance.

She's put on weight, and dresses frumpily.

I'm really uncomfortable to be out in public with her, because I hate people looking at us and judging. So I think I may be visibly squirming, but I don't think she's noticed.

sad

I still love spending time with her and we visit each others' houses regularly and spend all major celebrations together. Our DC are best friends. And our DHs were at school together so we're very close. And this wouldn't change, just maybe scale back on the public appearances so I wouldn't get that awkward feeling.

AIBU?

FridayFanjoFun Fri 10-Jun-11 20:07:02

You are shallow and a twat.

Sensi Fri 10-Jun-11 20:07:28

YABU.

QueenOfToast Fri 10-Jun-11 20:07:35

biscuit

sofadweller Fri 10-Jun-11 20:09:57

Are you for real?

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Fri 10-Jun-11 20:12:02

People might stare indeed, they might be judging YOU and comparing YOU to the back end of a bus. Perhaps your friend can then waddle off chortling to herself. hmm

lilolilmanchester Fri 10-Jun-11 20:14:20

I feel really sorry for your friend. Or are you actually the friend, posting because you have been hurt by this selfish, shallow cow and want to hear what people think about the way you are being treated?

Icelollycraving Fri 10-Jun-11 20:14:27

Wow you are really a dream of a friend.perhaps she is thinking 'I wish she would stop dressing like mutton & have a bun,I must start to svoid'.

strandedbear Fri 10-Jun-11 20:14:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iwasyoungonce Fri 10-Jun-11 20:14:57

Wind up.

Or you're a twat.

HTH.

buxomwenchonapony Fri 10-Jun-11 20:15:11

Yep, shallow and twatty of you.

Public appearances? Who are you OP?!

TheMonster Fri 10-Jun-11 20:15:39

Are you my friend?

magicmummy1 Fri 10-Jun-11 20:16:50

Wind up - nobody could really be that shallow.

Yawn.

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 10-Jun-11 20:17:23

Wow, the fuckwits are out in force tonight. If this is true, OP, you are a shit friend. HTH.

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 10-Jun-11 20:17:24

so this is why people are leaving in droves!!! hear that sound???

thats the penny dropping.....

op. you're are twat. or a troll. or both.

saffy85 Fri 10-Jun-11 20:17:24

YABU obviously. I'd like to think your "friend" is right now, bitching to her other friends or DH, saying, "youdknowwhoiwas is such a twat. Honestly she'd make a paddling pool look deep. Trying sooooo hard to get rid of her, I mean who wants to be friends with someone who goes around with a permanant grimace on their face for no good reason? Miserable cow."

Personally I think you should cut your friend loose- she deserves way better friends than someone like you.

stripeywoollenhat Fri 10-Jun-11 20:21:20

you know you're just really fucking odd, right?

hellospoon Fri 10-Jun-11 20:21:34

yabu... and a proper bitch!

God i hate people like you! awful truly bloody awful!

Why not be a proper friend and ask if she's ok? maybe something is going on with her you havn't notice. well you wouldn't of noticed would you you're to busy bitching and walking with your head down.

StewieGriffinsMom Fri 10-Jun-11 20:22:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TidyDancer Fri 10-Jun-11 20:24:04

Clearly this is not for real. No one could be that shitty about a friend.

whereiswally Fri 10-Jun-11 20:24:07

BodyOfEeyore - I was gonna ask the same question....

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 10-Jun-11 20:24:17

Oh I bet you're the overweight friend aren't you?

OiYouThere Fri 10-Jun-11 20:24:45

sad I feel sad for your friend. A friend is someone who takes you as you are - you are no friend to her.

youdknowwhoiwas Fri 10-Jun-11 20:26:50

ok, no not a windup, but not entirely truthful either.

It's the reversal.

sad

I have let myself go, and my friend now makes excuses not to go out as much, and I have seen her reaction to people's judginess.

It can to a head today when we were out having lunch - a bunch of well-groomed teenagers looked at my frumpiness and giggled, and she just looked awkward and shifted her chair back from me a tiny bit. I just pretended I didn't notice, but was very hurt. I've been crying inside since I got home from the school run.

I just wanted to see reactions from the opposing view.

Sorry for being devious.

I just have to accept she's not a true friend don't I?

sad

Fuck.

youdknowwhoiwas Fri 10-Jun-11 20:27:26

xposts with MrsCB.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now