Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off that DP thinks I should decline pain relief during labour?

(104 Posts)
CJ2010 Fri 10-Jun-11 16:44:39

He thinks that I should just get on with it and do it 'naturally'. When I question why, he just sort of shrugs and says that he deosn't really believe in taking medicine. Doesn't think I should have an epidural!

However, he can't understand why I call him a hypocrite, when he thinks nothing of sinking a bottle of wine of an evening.

I'm feeling really fucked off with him.

geraldinetheluckygoat Fri 10-Jun-11 16:46:10

tell him will if he inserts a red hot poker for the duration of your labour.

Hullygully Fri 10-Jun-11 16:46:12

hahahahahahahahahaha

Slit his stomach open
Insert a pineapple
sew it up
Instruct him to give birth to it

and kill him

pointissima Fri 10-Jun-11 16:46:46

None of his business. He has no idea how much it hurts. Have as much pain relief as you need.

If he goes on like this when you are in labour, you may need to thump him very hard

squeakytoy Fri 10-Jun-11 16:47:03

tell the fucker that you will forgo the pain relief if you can spend labour removing his pubes one by one, and then shove a watermelon up his arse..

seriously though.... he aint the one having a baby, has he watched a birth video yet?

Northernlurker Fri 10-Jun-11 16:47:12

Your body, your pain relief of choice. His body, his excessive alcohol consumption ......except ...... hang on..........your pain relief doesn't impact on him at all but his drinking impacts on you.

I would ignore his comments about pain relief but I would ask him why he's drinking so much.

ViolaTricolor Fri 10-Jun-11 16:47:23

I suggest you force a series of fruits up his backside, gradually increasing in size until he rethinks.

YouremindmeoftheBFP Fri 10-Jun-11 16:47:27

You do what you need to do to get through it. If you feel like you need the drugs, take them, if you don't, don't. And tell him to bugger off. I hope he is going to be more understanding in future.

Georgimama Fri 10-Jun-11 16:47:55

I would recommend an alternative birth partner.

Actually I would recommend you find an alternative life partner.

squeakytoy Fri 10-Jun-11 16:48:23

there is a definate fruit theme going on here with these x posts.... grin

helenthemadex Fri 10-Jun-11 16:48:41

fine just tell him he must of course share the pain with you and with each contraction twist his scrotum and hold for the duration

reikizen Fri 10-Jun-11 16:48:44

perhaps have a more supportive birth partner?

LDNmummy Fri 10-Jun-11 16:48:44

Pfft. Idiot doesn't begin to sum it up.

Whilst in labour, stick a red hot poker up his arse and kick him in the balls at full force every couple of minutes for 12 hours. Oh, and tell the midwife not to allow him any pain relief.......he doesn't believe in it afterall.

Your birth, your decision. Show him this thread and tell him to fuck off.

scurryfunge Fri 10-Jun-11 16:48:57

Tell him you hope his next shit is a hedgehog.

RevoltingPeasant Fri 10-Jun-11 16:49:23

OP are you Katie Holmes??

ViolaTricolor Fri 10-Jun-11 16:49:48

grin at fruit theme. Trifle, anyone?

steamedtreaclesponge Fri 10-Jun-11 16:49:57

I suggest kicking him in the balls repeatedly for 12 hours and then telling him to breathe through it.

allhailtheaubergine Fri 10-Jun-11 16:49:59

Say "do you dear?" and smile politely, then do whatever the hell YOU want to do.

Seriously - do you have another birthing partner?

aliceliddell Fri 10-Jun-11 16:50:48

I think your dp should decline pain relief during wisdom tooth extraction. <wonders if op's dh understands 1/ what babies are 2/ how they are born>

CocoPopsAddict Fri 10-Jun-11 16:50:48

YANBU. And you will not need that attitude around you when you are giving birth. Tell him he either supports you fully or doesn't come. Seriously, you will have enough to cope with - you don't need him.

Or perhaps you could get your midwife on side, take him to one of your antenatal appointments and get her to present pain relief as a perfectly viable and common thing.

reelingintheyears Fri 10-Jun-11 16:51:22

Is he one of Tom Cruises mates?

No pain relief and you have to do it in silence...grin

theDudesmummy Fri 10-Jun-11 16:51:58

What has it to do with him? I didn't even discuss my pain relief choices with my DH. It was my body not his.

BooyHoo Fri 10-Jun-11 16:52:08

he sound slike the idiot who told me whilst i was pregnant that she thought i should give birth without pain relief so that i could 'feel what i had done for my child' hmm. that idiot got a free pass because she was 10 at the time. your DH gets no free pass. i agree with hully.

WriterofDreams Fri 10-Jun-11 16:52:55

Ha he is horribly horribly naive and will probably faint/vomit/faint and vomit when you give birth. Just you wait, he'll be begging you to get the epidural. Poor bugger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now