Talk

Advanced search

to think that Pret should do a Marmite sandwich?

(24 Posts)
grovel Fri 10-Jun-11 15:58:45

And one with Shipham's beef paste. Not to mention Sandwich Spread. Don't want this fancy muck but want the Pret experience.

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 10-Jun-11 15:59:36

Marks' used to do a cheese and marmite sandwich for a quid. Was lovely. Then they stopped it. Gits.

cybbo Fri 10-Jun-11 15:59:48

Would prefer Sardine and Tomato paste but beggers can't be choosers

LadyWithNoManors Fri 10-Jun-11 16:03:28

I think Starbucks did a Marmite one too.

thisisyesterday Fri 10-Jun-11 16:06:02

yeah i came on to say starbucks do one lol

Scholes34 Fri 10-Jun-11 16:10:33

Once landed at Stansted and wanted to buy some lunch for DCs. Couldn't get any suitable sandwiches - all full of mayo, mustard, tomatoes and other fancy things they don't like and which also bump the cost up. Had to resort to plain burgers from Burger King, because they'd take all the things out we didn't like. Tesco used to do plain ham or cheese sandwiches in their "value" range. Would love to see Marmite sandwiches, and also sardine and tomato.

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 10-Jun-11 16:12:50

And fecking malted bread. Every pigging sandwich comes on malted bread. It makes me heave. WTF happened to normal brown bread?

Tesco still does plain ham but looked for a plain cheese today and nothing. Cheese and pickle/mayo/onion/ploughmans/aardvark. But no plain cheese.

dadof2littlebuggers Fri 10-Jun-11 16:15:38

marmite is a yeast infection in a jar, eat something else!

LadyWithNoManors Fri 10-Jun-11 16:16:55

Dad - Marmite is king!

I once spent an hour or so trying to track down a simple cheese and tomato butty for my boy, was like searching for rocking horse shit.

Scholes34 Fri 10-Jun-11 16:18:55

Marmite and peanut butter together is also fab! Not one for the school lunch box, though.

jeckadeck Fri 10-Jun-11 16:19:52

don't they do a cheese and marmite one? pretty sure they introduced one quite recently....

Becaroooo Fri 10-Jun-11 16:24:29

I wouldnt wedge a door open with a jar of marmite <<shudder>>

Fish finger sandwiches are the best anyway. On white bread. With butter.

dangalf Fri 10-Jun-11 16:25:43

I miss the M&S Cheese & marmite sandwich for a quid. I loved that. Scholes 34 - I will have to give that a go. love botth ingredients but never thought of combining the two. Interesting.

SeymoreButts Fri 10-Jun-11 16:26:33

Benjy's would have done it. sad

MrsKravitz Fri 10-Jun-11 16:26:47

What is pret?

ShirleyKnot Fri 10-Jun-11 16:30:36

Benjy's. <sigh>

I used to get a buttered bun from there every morning. It was the storkiest bun ever.

grovel Fri 10-Jun-11 16:31:55

Pret is the French word for expensive.

SeymoreButts Fri 10-Jun-11 16:47:51

I used to get those too Shirley, or toast with marmite and a huge cup of tea. Now I am forced into an overpriced croissant and a latte from Pret. hmm

ShirleyKnot Fri 10-Jun-11 16:49:16

Benjys torpedoes could feed a family of four for a week.

Andrewofgg Fri 10-Jun-11 20:43:09

Marmite is made of rancid used axle-grease to which is added a secret ingredient to make it less palatable. Keep it out of Pret. In fact keep it out of existence.

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 10-Jun-11 20:44:56

I buy the big catering tubs in Costco. You can really stick your whole head into those smile

whomovedmychocolate Fri 10-Jun-11 20:48:01

Mmm Marmite <slather>

floweryblue Fri 10-Jun-11 20:51:00

The thing I hate is that fake 'white' bread which is really 'bleached brown bread' and it's not till you've bitten into it that you realise you have been duped into heart-burn.

Also, if you shop at Spar, don't ever buy a sandwich which has got less than three days left on it's best before date, that's how long they give their sandwiches on the shelf and they don't even reduce the price for the slimey, stale, yuknesses the sandwiches end up being after day one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now