Talk

Advanced search

For wanting to contact his ex and ask her what she's on about??

(23 Posts)
Lorenz Fri 10-Jun-11 15:02:48

Yes I know I am but I'm so tempted!

Basically DP got a text from his ex wife random out of the blue saying "I know you've been talking about me behind my back. I hate you rot in hell."

He reckons he has no idea what she's on about and dismisses it by saying she's a loon.

BUT she's also deleted and BLOCKED him off her facebook so something must have happened???

She's on my facebook though and she hasn't blocked me. AIBU to ask her what she's on about??

atswimtwolengths Fri 10-Jun-11 15:04:05

No, of course you're not Just ask her and let us know!

JaneFonda Fri 10-Jun-11 15:05:18

Do they have children together?

Anyway, it's not really any of your business - if your husband is dismissing it, it's obviously not a big deal to him, so why are you getting involved and trying to turn it into a big drama?

Lorenz Fri 10-Jun-11 15:06:16

Because as far as I knew, they had no contact with one another. He's lied many times before - this has aroused my suspicion!

itisnearlysummer Fri 10-Jun-11 15:07:57

But you are all friends on FB? (or were) confused

OhYesIWill Fri 10-Jun-11 15:08:05

They had no contact with each other? So how do you know that she's blocked him from FB? confused

OhYesIWill Fri 10-Jun-11 15:08:43

It's not just me then, itsnearlysummer! grin

wannaBe Fri 10-Jun-11 15:09:31

I am always suspicious of people who dismiss these sort of things out of hand.

I would bet money that he's said something about her to someone and that he knows exactly what she's talking about.

Lorenz Fri 10-Jun-11 15:09:39

well they're on each other's facebook but never talk or message each other, she's just one of these people that adds anyone (hence why she added me).

But on his facebook now he can't even click on her name so she must've totally blocked him.

itisnearlysummer Fri 10-Jun-11 15:10:57

Nope OYIW we can be confused together. wink

OhYesIWill Fri 10-Jun-11 15:11:19

Red rag to a bull might be the expression needed here but I have to say it... ask, and do come back and tell us why, you've got me curious now.

itisnearlysummer Fri 10-Jun-11 15:12:37

Why is it a big issue though OP?

Exes don't get on. Not really front page news. Maybe he has been talking about her behind her back. It does happen.

PatriciatheStripper Fri 10-Jun-11 15:14:13

Because as far as I knew, they had no contact with one another. He's lied many times before - this has aroused my suspicion!

He doesn't have to have been in contact with her to have been "talking about her behind her back". That's what "behind my back" implies, surely? confused

JaneFonda Fri 10-Jun-11 15:15:48

If they don't get on, that's their issue and not yours.

Why does it matter to you whether he's said something behind her back or not, or whether she's making something up?

Unless it's affecting yours and DP's relationship, it is entirely none of your business.

Lorenz Fri 10-Jun-11 16:13:35

Yes ex's do bitch about each other but don't you think it's a bit of an extreme reaction? saying she hates him and to rot in hell? they have been divorced 4 years. I don't know, it just seems to me he has really, REALLY upset her for her to react like this and maybe I'm paranoid but to be this upset over an ex badmouthing you suggests she is TOTALLY suprised. I'm conjoring up images of him being lovey dovey to her face and then slagging her off behind her back. Only then would you get SO upset, surely?

And why is he totally dismissing it? he must've said SOMETHING surely? he hasn't even replied to it, just totally ignored it.

Something doesn't add up!

PatriciatheStripper Fri 10-Jun-11 16:43:36

I don't doubt he's said something about her. Perhaps he said it to someone who is now important to her. Could be that's the reason she's so upset.

DuelingFanjo Fri 10-Jun-11 16:47:00

yes, give her a ring. As friends you should be ale to chat about it. It's nice when new partners get along withe ex.

ontherocks Fri 10-Jun-11 16:53:21

Are you worried that something's gone on behind your back with her? Just that you mentioned he's lied many times before, did these lies involve her? I'd have to find out, but then I am a nosey mare! Do let us know.

squeakytoy Fri 10-Jun-11 17:00:48

do they have children from their marriage?

squeakytoy Fri 10-Jun-11 17:02:04

I'm conjoring up images of him being lovey dovey to her face

but you say they have no contact? confused

Lorenz Fri 10-Jun-11 17:46:26

He TELLS me they have no contact. What he tells me and what he actually does are not always the same thing.

Lorenz Fri 10-Jun-11 17:49:54

Ok I've struck up conversation with her, she's still being ok with me - I darnt ask about it though because she will wonder how I know and then text him having a go for telling me probably! Suppose I better just let it go unless she mentions it herself

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Fri 10-Jun-11 18:01:06

Let's hope she doesn't recognise you on here then, OP, or you'll be 'booted' too. Why do so many people run their lives through facebook and chatboards? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now