Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed at having my age published?

(13 Posts)
kerrymumbles Fri 10-Jun-11 14:15:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lainey1981 Fri 10-Jun-11 14:16:48

Yabu. Doubt anyone would have taken notice. What does it matter if people know your age?

GrimmaTheNome Fri 10-Jun-11 14:17:18

YANBU - was there any relevance to publishing ages?

kerrymumbles Fri 10-Jun-11 14:18:41

McDreamy Fri 10-Jun-11 14:19:13

I was in the local paper a few weeks ago (we had a street party on the day of the royal wedding) photo and all! They put 6 whole years on my age!!!!!! hmm

Lainey1981 Fri 10-Jun-11 14:21:47

Ok, but I don't understand why other delegates from your course knowing your age could potentially detrimental to you? Are you likely to meet these people again or compete against them in a professional capacity?

Lainey1981 Fri 10-Jun-11 14:22:13

Ok, but I don't understand why other delegates from your course knowing your age could potentially detrimental to you? Are you likely to meet these people again or compete against them in a professional capacity?

kerrymumbles Fri 10-Jun-11 14:22:21

Lainey1981 Fri 10-Jun-11 14:22:38

Apologies for double post

fgaaagh Fri 10-Jun-11 14:44:33

YANBU.

It wasn't relevant; you weren't warned it would be made public.

Personally I wouldn't have an issue with it being posted. But that's easy for me to say, I'm not self-concious about it.

I always grin at the folk on threads like these who essentially say "I don't have a problem with it, you shouldn't, ergo, there's no problem". There's a basic misunderstanding about how your data was going to be used here, it's been used in an irrelevant way, and no matter if someone else might not care, the fact is that out of courtesy they should have warned you / not done it.

SummerRain Fri 10-Jun-11 14:47:30

I wonder was the reason that they sometimes have two people of the same name on the course so they do it for identification, quite common over here to have two Mary Conways or John Burkes in a small group grin

Still annoying though... under data protection laws they shouldn't have done it without your permission.

ooohyouareawfulbutilikeyou Fri 10-Jun-11 15:22:22

ooo so you are 56 when you have been pretending to be 42! puts a note in your HR file and a marker on the back of your chair

springydaffs Fri 10-Jun-11 16:21:49

YANBU. They should be well-up on confidentiality issues and DOB counts as confidential info. I would make a complaint iiwu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now