Talk

Advanced search

to complain about my boss?

(17 Posts)
littlemissnoname Fri 10-Jun-11 13:57:29

I work at a school.

There are some students supposed to be doing supervised revising.

My boss is supervising.

They are playing with firecrackers.

One of them throws a firecracker at my head.

As I approached the students so did he.

I told him what happened (it missed me by millimeters and hit the wall behind me).

He said, 'yes, I know they have them,' and pointed out the cartilidge on the floor.

I reiterated that they threw it at my head.

He ignored me, carried on talking to them and laughing (one of them even complained that their firecrackers weren't working. He said it was a shame).

I therefore asked myself for them not to do it again, feeling like I was being unreasonable for being cross because of his (lack of) reaction.

So... I am ridiculously cross. AIBU to tell someone about this/complain?

Hassled Fri 10-Jun-11 13:59:21

I'd be ridiculously cross. In fact I'm ridiculously cross on your behalf. Yes, complain.

littlemissnoname Fri 10-Jun-11 14:01:21

Thank hassled, his reaction boggled me so much I was starting to think I was over reacting :S

RedGreenBlue Fri 10-Jun-11 14:02:09

Yeah, you should complain! I admire your self-restraint - I'd have grabbed one of the firecrackers, shoved it up his arse and lit the fuse.

OhYesIWill Fri 10-Jun-11 14:04:20

Firecrackers? You mean those little balls of whatever minor explosive in paper which go bang when thrown onto the floor?

littlemissnoname Fri 10-Jun-11 14:05:12

Yes, OhYesIWill, those. Don't think they'd explode if they hit my squishy cheek necessarily, but I think it's the principal...

KeepOnSwimming Fri 10-Jun-11 14:06:42

Aren't they illegal for under 18s anyway?

RedGreenBlue Fri 10-Jun-11 14:06:53

Oh! Right, then. Well, not that bad really - just have a quiet word with the boss (if he's the sort that you can talk to)

littlemissnoname Fri 10-Jun-11 14:07:56

Thing so, swimming, but that doesn't stop them getting their hands on anything else!

RedGreenBlue - I've had similar issues in the past, when I mention it to him he smiles at you like you're joking and wanders off!

littlemissnoname Fri 10-Jun-11 14:08:07

*think

OhYesIWill Fri 10-Jun-11 14:08:16

Damn right it's the principal! I'd complain - twice. First about his behaviour towards me and secondly about his utter inability to discipline the shites 'students' he's supposed to be in charge of. Whats the point of him drawing his salary if he can't do even that?

OhYesIWill Fri 10-Jun-11 14:09:26

I'm not so sure they're illegal for U18s unless it's a new law. I recall my children and almost all their peers having and buying them from the local store.

littlemissnoname Fri 10-Jun-11 14:10:30

I think I'm also worried about complaining since we're a tiny team and I do work with him every day... But it's not the first time this type of thing has happened and I'm getting bloody fed up of it...

Gastonladybird Fri 10-Jun-11 14:11:53

Not that serious ? So you would want one near your eye ...[hmmm] firecrackers

Yes say something as not only was it inappropriate reaction to throwing it at you , I don't ever remember naffing around with fireworks being 1. Something you did in school 2. Helpful to revision

littlemissnoname Fri 10-Jun-11 14:15:06

Gaston - I think what was meant by 'not so serious' is that they're not like fireworks with fuses and the whole shebang, although I admit I have no idea whether they would go off if they hit skin. If they did it would probably cause damage.

littlemissnoname Fri 10-Jun-11 14:19:28

I am still confused. Gah.

pointissima Fri 10-Jun-11 14:27:37

Complain, complain, complain.

Your boss is an incompetent idiot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now