Talk

Advanced search

At what age does an innocent boy that needs protecting from a big scary man, become a big scary man?

(322 Posts)
needanewname Fri 10-Jun-11 10:48:53

Discuss.

DontCallMePeanut Fri 10-Jun-11 10:50:17

When they enter puberty. Because that's when they automatically, regardless of nature, or sexual preference, or whatever, become paedos. hmm

TandB Fri 10-Jun-11 10:51:55

Ah, Peanut. I was just considering starting a "Has anyone seen MrSpoc because I've got a can of Manraid and a rolled-up newspaper with his name on it" thread.

Slippery little bugger got away.

needanewname Fri 10-Jun-11 10:52:23

Thanks Pea - oops almost called you Peanut then!!!!

Thanks Don't?

Before anyone accuses me of starting a thread about a thread (because it is) I was not comfortable starting a new thread with the same title as it angered me so much, so seeing as no one actually answered my question (maybe they didn;t see the dozens of times I'd ask) I thought I start a new one making it absolutely clear this time!!!

DontCallMePeanut Fri 10-Jun-11 10:54:25

I can't believe I missed him. My aim is usually pretty damn accurate. We haven't seen a man round these parts for months grin

And newname, you can call me peanut wink

BooyHoo Fri 10-Jun-11 10:56:09

the boys dont need protecting. just the girls apparently. the boys can be thrown to the wolves as far as some people care hmm

DooinMeCleanin Fri 10-Jun-11 10:56:23

When they decide to enter a care based career and instead of a big, manly job?

My male friend is a nurse. He's also gay. He also <you might want to sit down here, ladies, to help with the shock> works on the childrens ward shock

Of course I never leave him with my children. Ever. Or at least not unless he offers to take them out foran hour or two to give me a break. Or if I want to get pissed and he agreeable to babysitting. Or if he comes to visit and I go and make a cuppa to go with the lovely cake he brings.

I cannot get my head around the fact that some people could consider him a danger. He's too nice.

bronze Fri 10-Jun-11 10:58:48

He sounds like the best kind of big scary man... he brings cake

DontCallMePeanut Fri 10-Jun-11 10:59:09

Dooin, get him away from your DC... He's obviously a big, big, scary threat grin

needanewname Fri 10-Jun-11 10:59:30

Thanks guys, you've cheered me up no end. Its not often I get genuinely angry on MN but last night and this morning I felt like I was hitting my head against a brick wall.

I really would genuinely like the OP of 'that' thread, crapola, primal and beesimo to anser the trhead question though.

DontCallMePeanut Fri 10-Jun-11 11:02:23

newname, I agree. I think that's why I spent so long mocking it. It was that, or get seriously bogged down by the damn thread. Those 4 individuals views scared me, to say the least. I'd rather DS grows up not immediately fearing every man in his life.

honeybee007 Fri 10-Jun-11 11:02:40

Dooin I hope this cake appears at least weekly else you should write him off and find a new big scary obviously after your dc man that knows how to follow proper cake bringing etiquette :O

I wish someone would bring me cake sad I'm always the cake bringer never the cake getter....always a bridesmaid and never a bride too.....maybe these some connection?!

honeybee007 Fri 10-Jun-11 11:03:43

Yeah on the serious note, I only lurked but there are one very extreme and odd views on here lately

SexyDomesticatedDab Fri 10-Jun-11 11:03:52

Great - so a bloke that goes around to a persons house who he knows the family is in need and drops off clothes, toys and shoes for the children is a big scary man and must be grooming them some how? sad

MumblingRagDoll Fri 10-Jun-11 11:04:11

Is this a thread about a thread?

honeybee007 Fri 10-Jun-11 11:04:12

one some

Damn ipad insists on auto correcting me!argh!

DontCallMePeanut Fri 10-Jun-11 11:04:24

Honeybee, that makes two of us.

Right, I'm off to uni, and drop DS off at the day orphanage nursery

DontCallMePeanut Fri 10-Jun-11 11:05:34

Dab, we're being tongue in cheek. Otherwise, damn... DS must really be at risk... grin

SexyDomesticatedDab Fri 10-Jun-11 11:08:25

I realise it's tongue in cheek but it's sad that there are those that believe good honest charity and men who want to look after / teach children all have an ulterior motive.

boysrock Fri 10-Jun-11 11:08:31

Well according to the toilet /changing room threads about the age of 7 in hysterical biddy mn. land.

I live in fear that any of my 3 ds ever bring home the daughter of one of these loons.

wotnochocs Fri 10-Jun-11 11:10:18

we've had some talk of 7 yo 'predators' on here recently!

DooinMeCleanin Fri 10-Jun-11 11:10:22

He brings cake everytime he comes. He also brings toys for the children, as he is dd1's Godfather and sometimes misses her birthdays.

Unfortunately he moved far away and only visits a few times a year sad

honeybee007 Fri 10-Jun-11 11:10:34

Dab it is very sad.

Boysrock will cross my fingers for you that it never happens! So long as you promise not to be an evil mil and be nice to your dils :O

mistlethrush Fri 10-Jun-11 11:11:10

I have a friend who is a nursery worker. He's also male. He's actually thinking of training to become a teacher (primary) which I think would be fantastic. However, the suggestion that he is somehow less suitable to care for a child (of either sex) than one of the female nursery workers is, I think, outrageous.

To be honest, I'm surprised any of those posters are prepared to send their children to nursery. Or in fact, school later.

Anyone would think that the children were being subjected to a sexual examination - not a nappy change or bumwipe in the toilet!

There is also a thread linking the nursery situation with someone saying that they felt scared when on a beach and a man 'cut off' their exit. I can't quite see the connection between the two - but perhaps that's just me.

honeybee007 Fri 10-Jun-11 11:12:12

Aww dooin he sounds lovely and now I feel bad for telling you to write him off of he didn't bring weekly cake, annual cake is more than adequate in the circumstances. Don't write him off, look for an extra cake bringer :O

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now