Talk

Advanced search

Is this unfair or AIBU

(23 Posts)
BimboNo5 Fri 10-Jun-11 09:56:02

Handing things out (an adult) in the playground to some children but not others?

ExitPursuedByAKitten Fri 10-Jun-11 09:57:20

Depends what things. And the age of the children. If your DC has not been invited to a party and others have, then tis life I'm afraid.

Reality Fri 10-Jun-11 09:58:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AmusingNickName Fri 10-Jun-11 09:58:24

That's AWFUL. Those poor children will grow up realising that we don't always get what other people get in life. So so sad.

BimboNo5 Fri 10-Jun-11 09:58:42

No, not invites.

BimboNo5 Fri 10-Jun-11 09:59:16

Tshirts for an event

BimboNo5 Fri 10-Jun-11 09:59:38

which the whole class are involved in.

Reality Fri 10-Jun-11 10:00:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jasper Fri 10-Jun-11 10:01:43

how many were given t shirts, how many not?
And why?
Can you give more info please?

BimboNo5 Fri 10-Jun-11 10:03:28

5 kids given tshirts (who the mother deemed worthy of having them) in front of the kids on the playground. Other kids wondering why they havent got one and are excluded from that specific 'group'

brass Fri 10-Jun-11 10:07:08

stupid playground shit.

I'm so far removed from this that it probably wouldn't register these days.

If you're feeling really hacked off could you provide your own t shirts? I'm thinking primark.

Are the children really that bothered?

ExitPursuedByAKitten Fri 10-Jun-11 10:08:28

Did the mother buy the t-shirts herself? Then it is up to her. Strange behaviour but nowt so queer as folk. I know this will come up soon with my DD's leaving disco. There will be limos <shudder> and the chosen few will get to ride in them. Tough.

fearnelinen Fri 10-Jun-11 10:09:04

Don't get it, why would some not require a TShirt? Why do some need a TShirt? Eh?

OhYesIWill Fri 10-Jun-11 10:10:58

YABU. The children standing in the playground next to mine are given an ice-cream by their mother. Should my child have one too? Their Dad rolls up and gives them a five pound note for pocket money. My children see. Where's theirs? The family invite another child back home for tea. Where's my children's invite?

For goodness sake no wonder there are so many spoilt children - and adults - in this country. No-one feels they dare say no, you can't have that, and that he's got one is just life honey any more.

BimboNo5 Fri 10-Jun-11 10:12:44

Maybe its just my manners- I wouldnt be so crass as to make it so obvious some kids are being excluded, lesson in life or not!

ObiWan Fri 10-Jun-11 10:13:03

Did the mother pay for the t-shirts? Seems perfectly reasonable, especially as only five children were given them

Do you expect her to supply the whole school?
If she and her child have put some work into them, or even just making the effort to procure them, I think giving them out in the playground makes more sense than delivering them to peoples homes by hand grin.

Do the school object? If not, no problem.

fearnelinen Fri 10-Jun-11 10:16:50

But excluded from what???? 5 kids got a TShirt. Seems to me they are the odd ones out?

BimboNo5 Fri 10-Jun-11 10:19:31

Thats a good point fearne

MadamMemoo Fri 10-Jun-11 10:20:12

Sorry but I still don't get it! Am I being very stupid??

OhYesIWill Fri 10-Jun-11 10:22:34

"Maybe its just my manners- I wouldnt be so crass as to make it so obvious some kids are being excluded, lesson in life or not!"

Manners? Can you not see the irony in your above remark?

fearnelinen Fri 10-Jun-11 10:22:47

If she was excluding 1 or 2, that may be a little mean (although jury would be out as to whether it's a life lesson), but that's not what she did. So. YABU, I bet the other children aren't discussing the issue at carpet time! ;)

fearnelinen Fri 10-Jun-11 10:23:27

YABU, but nice!

bonkers20 Fri 10-Jun-11 11:14:20

Why not tell the whole story in the first post? Then people can give you informed opinions.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: