Talk

Advanced search

to want a rear facing car seat?

(6 Posts)
Madamolive Fri 10-Jun-11 09:54:22

Pil have kindly offered to buy our next stage car seat. Though are not wanting to purchase rear facing, as its more expensive and ' there's no real harm in forward facing'. Aibu to decline the offer as I would only want a rear facing?

PurveyorOfBaloney Fri 10-Jun-11 09:57:36

Of course YANBU. Your child your rules. Send them some of the links of crash tests with RF seats. As the seats are gradually becoming more available there is not much price difference between FF and RF anyway.

ForeverNamechanging Fri 10-Jun-11 10:00:56

Why not ask for the cash they offered then add some to it to get the seat you want..Don't see the drama personally,Perhaps they cant afford the one you want.

RitaMorgan Fri 10-Jun-11 10:09:33

Offer to split the cost of rear facing with them.

honeybee007 Fri 10-Jun-11 10:15:52

Yanbu

I really wanted a rf car seat for the next stage but my dp wouldn't order off the internet as he was convinced it would get bashed and not be safe anyway. dd is still not 13kg at 17 months so could still go in her carrier if I wanted. She does use a ff seat now though as she likes to talk to us in the car.Dd stayed in her carrier till 15 months.

Agree with others you could ask them to contribute the same amount as the cost of the ff seat and put the extra to it yourself. And also show them those videos, they still horrify me!I don't understand people rushing to put tiny babies forward facing.

shooblydoobly Fri 10-Jun-11 10:22:59

Show them this. hope it helps.
www.rearfacing.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now