Talk

Advanced search

to be furious that somebody on MN should be so bigoted towards 49% of the population?

(23 Posts)
overthemill Fri 10-Jun-11 09:39:22

just don't get it. all men paedophiles? crap
maybe MN isn't what it used to be shock

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 10-Jun-11 09:40:06

I have clearly missed something. Who would say something so idiotic?

overthemill Fri 10-Jun-11 09:42:36

well yes you probably have, [http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/1233458-To-be-furious-that-a-male-nursery-worker-took-DD-to-the-toilet-today if you really want to read it]

glitterkitten Fri 10-Jun-11 09:42:53

This place is crawling with man haters

overthemill Fri 10-Jun-11 09:43:08

even

overthemill Fri 10-Jun-11 09:43:42

glitter - well i am a feminist but not a man hater

TeamDamon Fri 10-Jun-11 09:44:44

YANBU to be furious.

YABU if you are surprised, given some of the loopers posting on here these days.

<sighs, sits back in rocking chair muttering about how things ain't what they used to be>

OnlyWantsOne Fri 10-Jun-11 09:45:36

...all men are sexual predators to Any female. Fact

hmm

Sad isn't it. When a dad can't bath his kids, a male child care worker can't do his job etc

Trills Fri 10-Jun-11 09:46:05

Threadbout a thread poor form unless you have something new to discuss.

If you are furious with someone, go and tell them on their own thread.

"I am a feminist but not a man-hater" not necessary to be said. Most feminists are not man-haters. No more relevant than saying "I am a feminist but not colour-blind". You are adding a bit of information with a but as if they ar related, or as if it should be assumed that one is unless told otherwise.

OnlyWantsOne Fri 10-Jun-11 09:46:50

Oh and I've been using MN for yonks. I don't think it is like it was bear but that's life!!

Morloth Fri 10-Jun-11 10:14:33

Those threads pop up every 6 months or so.

They get shouted down (just like that one has been).

Round and round it goes.

flooziesusie Fri 10-Jun-11 10:30:59

haven't read the whole thread; but what the actual fuck?

overthemill Fri 10-Jun-11 11:36:10

blimey - all men are not sexual predators.

i was replying to glitter who said mn was crawling with man haters. and i do think that on here you do need to spell stuff out. i am not colour blind, i am not a man hater, i am not a moron

bad form to comment on another thread??? wtf??? - since when ? though obv i apologise trill if i have offended your sense of mn 'form' . though mn was what we all made it........................................

BeerTricksPotter Fri 10-Jun-11 11:39:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

overthemill Fri 10-Jun-11 11:51:21

btp - thats what i feel having commented on soooo many threads like the OPthread in well over 6 years of MN - I just feel it is so unreasonable for women to not trust ALL men! it is bigoted, if we said that about disabled people, black people, roman catholics...

BeerTricksPotter Fri 10-Jun-11 11:59:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

floosiemcwoosie Fri 10-Jun-11 11:59:12

Does the original op, not realise that men are protected by Equal Opps legilsation as well?

An employer can't allocate tasks based on gender.

TeamDamon Fri 10-Jun-11 20:33:38

Look - another thread about the male nursery worker thread which hasn't been deleted!

Sorry, everyone - just a bit pissed off that the reason I was given for a thread being deleted last night was that it was a thread about a thread - and yet there are at least four threads about that thread which haven't been deleted. I am protesting this random censorship.

TheFarSide Fri 10-Jun-11 20:39:15

What's wrong with threads about threads, just out of interest?

Agree TeamDamon. And in my experience censorship just encourages people to talk about the banned subject all the more.

Trills Fri 10-Jun-11 20:46:42

What's wrong with threads about threads is this: if you have a problem with someone you should take it up with them, on the thread, not complain behind their backs.

If a thread has made you think of a different point that would make an interesting discussion but would derail the original thread then by all means start a new thread about a new topic. But that's not what was done here.

CatIsSleepy Fri 10-Jun-11 20:50:03

MN has never been what it used to be

fuzzpigFriday Fri 10-Jun-11 20:55:15

When a dad can't bath his kids

Somebody on MN said that? Seriously?!?

overthemill Fri 10-Jun-11 22:54:08

aha trill well i did take it up with them. But this thread is genuinely about aibu to be furious that somebody on MN should be so bigoted towards 49% of the population? I think it's a different topic, not about that op being furious that a male worker took her dc to the toilet but that bigotry appears to be acceptable when it goes against the Equalities Act.

I accept the point made by helenmumsnet on another thread explaining their reasons for the 'satirical' thread, on which I also posted, but I do not accept that this thread that I started is slagging off the OP but is instead making a valid aibu point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now