Talk

Advanced search

to think about moving..

(3 Posts)
missdaydreamer Fri 10-Jun-11 09:37:25

i put my daughters name down for a nursey a few weeks ago which is slightly out of our catchment area (nursey from age 3). it is by far the best school in our area and the only school in my catchment area does not score well on ofsted.

The school i want to send her to scores top marks and is an excellent little school.

Im worried she may not get in because we are not actually in the catchment area and it is a very saught after school.

I was thinking i might move a little closer to the school just to be within the catchment area.. Is this abit extreme?

We are literally a road out of the catchment area for the school i want at the minute so we wouldnt be moving far.

Should i stay and put her name down for the other school (i dont particularly want her going here) just incase she doesnt get into the school of my choice.

I know its only nursey but id rathjer she was somewhere i was comfortable with.

Thanks for any advice

missdaydreamer Fri 10-Jun-11 09:40:26

the only other school in my catchemt area that should read

pleasekeepcalmandcarryon Fri 10-Jun-11 09:50:47

If it's an affordable option and you are happy to do it I don't see why not although it still won't completely guarantee you a place.

With the benefit of hindsight I think parents worry too much about Ofsted ratings. Five years ago I went to appeal to get my son into what I percieved to be the 'best' school. We have just discovered (via private means) that he is badly dyslexic. He has had a rough time at this school and no-one has picked up on his needs or given appropriate support yet on paper this is still a highly rated school.

Make sure you look around all the schools avaliable and weigh them up with your child in mind. Check out their SEN provision, G&T provision etc... then make your own mind up about whether you think it is a good school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now