Talk

Advanced search

DP doesn't want to stop calling me 'pet name'

(17 Posts)
strandedbear Thu 09-Jun-11 21:41:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hassled Thu 09-Jun-11 21:42:53

Squishy is a fucking awful thing to call anyone. As a term of endearment it's not up to much. But the important thing is that you don't like it - that should be enough for him to stop.

hiddenhome Thu 09-Jun-11 21:43:06

Tell him that if he insists upon calling you 'squishy' then you're going to call him 'tiny' wink

Tryharder Thu 09-Jun-11 21:44:41

grin

Squishy?????

I originally understood your post to mean that he has always called you squishy. But have just reread and see that he has only recently started calling you it.

Do you think he is having a dig at your weight? Difficult for us to judge without knowing him.....

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Thu 09-Jun-11 21:46:28

Don't acknowledge it or answer to it, he'll look foolish to persist in calling you that name.

AuntiePickleBottom Thu 09-Jun-11 21:47:00

when he is having a moody/stressy moods start saying
Mr. Grumpy Gills (what dory says to marlin before the keep on swimming song)
but yanbu

ChaoticAngelofLitha Thu 09-Jun-11 21:47:48

What LyingWitch said.

YANBU

ashamedandconfused Thu 09-Jun-11 21:49:01

Oh god OP, your DH is my DHs long lost twin! he says things like that too!

I am loving hiddenhomes idea!

Firawla Thu 09-Jun-11 21:52:03

yanbu if you do not like it he needs to stop it and use another name that you prefer, the point of having these kind of nicknames as a cutsie thing is lost if you hate it surely!

AgentZigzag Thu 09-Jun-11 21:59:44

I can imagine he'd find it more funny (in a Ricky Gervais way) because you don't like it grin

I agree with hiddenhome and think if you really want him to stop you're going to have to find his weak spot and perhaps say it in public grin

strandedbear Thu 09-Jun-11 22:00:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

2rebecca Thu 09-Jun-11 22:26:06

I wouldn't stay with any man who delighted in calling me a name he knew I hated. That is not a lover, it's a bully. I would tell any man who tried to bully me in this way that.
If I called my husband a name and he said he disliked it I would never call him it again. If I love him why would I? I agree squishy does make you think of fat and loose squashable flesh. If my husband called me "squishy" I'd take it as a sign to exercise more and would get angry with him.

ZacharyQuack Fri 10-Jun-11 06:05:12

Can you find a Nemo-themed nickname for him?

Guppy
Jellyfish
Plankton

Teeny-weeny-floppy-penis

PenguinArmy Fri 10-Jun-11 06:11:53

Depends on whether he wants to go fuck himself or you

(you can take the girl out of Essex...)

NoobytheWaspSlayer Fri 10-Jun-11 06:30:12

YANBU - and I'd be calling him Floppy/Mr Softy/Mooby-Wooby

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Fri 10-Jun-11 06:31:13

You've got some goodies to choose from!

I'd pick 'floppy' from Zachary's list. 'How's my floppy feeling today?'. 'Is my floppy comfy?' ad nauseum.

And when out with his mates, spill his drink or tread on his foot, then put your arms round him and say affectionately 'o i'm so sorry floppy', then give him a hug and pat him on the head.

youmeatsix Fri 10-Jun-11 08:39:00

this has been taken all out of context though
squishy as a name (without the nemo connotation it IS not nice) but because it IS linked, its a nice thing (if you like icky pet names)

he said something like you shall be my squishy and my squishy you shall be or something like that, its supposed to be a cute thing, sounds like you just dont like THAT particular pet name, but choosing one you do like would be a bit fake, pet names are like nick names, they just "happen"

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: