Talk

Advanced search

Day out on saturday

(29 Posts)
mummytasha11 Thu 09-Jun-11 20:11:40

Hi everyone. I'm freaking out a little
I'm going out for the day shopping on Saturday and I'm freaking about leaving my ds with his dad for the whole day, I'm worried because I've just started him on 3 meals a day now and I don't know if his dad will keep to his routine :/ eeeek it's making me want to cancel my shopping trip but my partner tells me to stop worrying and that he will b fine

JaneFonda Thu 09-Jun-11 20:15:49

What makes you think his dad is incapable of feeding him three meals a day? Cut him some slack, for goodness' sake.

AchtungBaby Thu 09-Jun-11 20:16:44

If you're really worried, write out your DS's routine for his Dad, and what foods you'd like him to be given at each mealtime.

Have a lovely day smile.

GypsyMoth Thu 09-Jun-11 20:17:18

Is this for real!?

youarekidding Thu 09-Jun-11 20:24:24

hmm He managed to make half of him I'm sure he'll cope.

thisisyesterday Thu 09-Jun-11 20:24:44

i mean this very kindly but... GET A GRIP!!!

you are BOTH the child's parents and if you never let him look after his son then of course he won't know what to do hmm

how would you feel if he implied that you couldn't look after your baby properly?? hmm??

GO, enjoy your day, and let them enjoy theirs. if he doesn't stick to the routine it doesn't matter! baby will survive, and it'll be a good bonding day for them, really... try and relax

<pretends she can't remember the first time she left her pfb>

MynameisTerces Thu 09-Jun-11 20:26:03

Unless you know this man how can you all judge. Maybe he struggles to feed himself three times a day.

MynameisTerces Thu 09-Jun-11 20:26:54

If he is hopless pack the meals and tell him it is just to make his life easier.

thisisyesterday Thu 09-Jun-11 20:27:47

myname i would assume that if he was that useless she wouldn't consider leaving a small baby with him at all hmm

Rebecca41 Thu 09-Jun-11 20:29:15

I agree - it's not fair to tell OP to stop worrying, unless you know what this man is like.

If you're really worried he'll mess things up, could you prepare the meals and even phone him at meal times?

How old is your son?

MynameisTerces Thu 09-Jun-11 20:29:52

Well, she is not with him now. Maybe it was an accident, or she left because he is an arse. We don't know do we. No need to be so pissy is there.

youarekidding Thu 09-Jun-11 20:33:05

Seriosly - if he can't even remember to feed himself, let alone a baby I'd be questioning why she's with him not why she's leaving her baby with him.

My ex-P is a useless twat but I hate all this 'men are useless' stuff. He was and is useless so he doesn't live in the same country with us. But thats him personally not because he's male.

OP, how do you know he deosn't worry about you remembering to feed your DS when he's out all day at work or whenever. wink

MynameisTerces Thu 09-Jun-11 20:34:54

I dont' think she is with him, she mentioned a partner.

youarekidding Thu 09-Jun-11 20:35:00

Oh she isn't with him? Well that wasn't particulary clear in the OP.

mummytasha11 Thu 09-Jun-11 20:35:46

I am still with him lol, it's just be being stupid and territorial I suppose....ive just apologised and realised how ridicules I sounded! confused

Over tired me thinks,he is 21 weeks smile

MynameisTerces Thu 09-Jun-11 20:36:33

So who is the partner ?

tethersend Thu 09-Jun-11 20:36:34

All he has to do is keep him alive until you pick him up and resume his routine. Enjoy your shopping trip smile

mummytasha11 Thu 09-Jun-11 20:36:48

Sorry just read op I didn't make it very clear at all blush

MynameisTerces Thu 09-Jun-11 20:37:37

sheesh, apologies to thisisyesterday you were right on the nail there.

AnonymousBird Thu 09-Jun-11 20:38:25

The Dad and the Partner are one and the same.

He will be fine.

A lovely opportunity for them AND you.

Try not to worry.

vintageteacups Thu 09-Jun-11 20:44:32

I still have to write a routine/meals list for my DH and my children are 9 and 6 !!!

That's not to say he ever sticks to it but it makes me feel better.

youarekidding Thu 09-Jun-11 20:46:12

Ah thats good I read it right.

Well glad you've apologised. smile You are being territorial, perfectly normal and as a MN once said to me something along the lines of - 'your DP will look after his DS how he wants, it may be different to you - but who said your right'?

Enjoy shopping and don't forget to stop for coffee and cake in peace grin

mummytasha11 Thu 09-Jun-11 20:58:57

Thanks everyone smile

shubiedoo Fri 10-Jun-11 16:39:44

Different point entirely, but he is still very little to be having 3 meals a day... Even if he didn't eat the food it's not going to hurt him that much, he might have an extra bottle instead or whatever!

verytellytubby Fri 10-Jun-11 16:42:03

Relax and enjoy your day!

Write out your routine. I've been known to do it for my 9 and 6 year olds wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now