Talk

Advanced search

To wonder if I'll ever get my personality back after having 3 DC's?

(10 Posts)
joogle Thu 09-Jun-11 19:25:57

I have three DC's, 5, 2 and 6 months. I am very happy and content with my life in general but I feel as though my personality has disappeared never to return!

I used to be really lively, fun and great with people, I now feel tired, old, anxious, forgetful and void of personality, is this par for the course with three young children?

cybbo Thu 09-Jun-11 19:26:39

Yes you will get a new, bigger better personality. But alas not until you are about 40

joogle Thu 09-Jun-11 19:29:10

Argghh shit, 10 more years shock

cat64 Thu 09-Jun-11 19:34:00

Message withdrawn

joogle Thu 09-Jun-11 19:37:19

Oh god really? I hope so! Does your relationship get better too? Ours is good but just revolves around the children, sometimes it feels more like we're colleagues!!!!

cat64 Thu 09-Jun-11 19:39:10

Message withdrawn

barbie007 Thu 09-Jun-11 19:40:16

My dcs were the same age as yours at one point...and yes, I too felt like I was just trying to survive as a mum and not much else. A lot of it was exhaustion
But now....the 3 of them are at school and I have a bit of my life back! So don't despair and enjoy your time with them now. It will get better and before you realise you'll be your old self again

joogle Thu 09-Jun-11 19:48:40

Thanks guys, that's extremely comforting to know!

Now I know I'll be back to my old self I'm going to try and make the most of this time with them while they're so young safe in the knowledge my personality will one day return grin

Gentleness Thu 09-Jun-11 19:52:34

I needed to read this today, and our 2nd is less than a month old. Does your grammar come back after these 10 years too?

3rdtimesacharm Thu 09-Jun-11 20:02:36

I'm so there too. Have 4yo, 21 mo and 3mo. Am completely knackered and have forgotten who I used to be. Am just 'Mum' and sometimes just the food dispenser!

Great to hear the real me may emerge again at somepoint.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now