Talk

Advanced search

to expect to make a complaint

(11 Posts)
coccyx Thu 09-Jun-11 18:09:32

before I fly with British airways????
Have booked flights, trying to upgrade, got a quote on line then unable to complete transaction. Called them up and they quoted me nearly double for the upgrade!!! said was an error on website. Lady was very snotty. Said could she put me through to customer services to lodge a complaint, she said they would not speak to me until I had flown!!
Not surprised they have been in financial trouble. I tried to upgrade a flight that i had booked with airmiles,not allowed to. I said but i want to upgrade with cash not airmiles, no sorry can't do that!!!!!

carocaro Thu 09-Jun-11 19:53:01

Fly with someone else then

coccyx Thu 09-Jun-11 20:39:20

well i would lose my money so thats not very helpful. Are you the snotty BA employee, or someone not familiar with flying

carocaro Thu 09-Jun-11 20:42:26

Not an empoyee of BA or any other airline. And fly. Maybe it's your snotty attitude that is not helping?

I presume the flights are pretty soon then, as otherwise you would be able to cancel? If that is the case why did you not upgrade sooner? Be more organised etc?

Maybe try a bit harder, again?

thisisyesterday Thu 09-Jun-11 20:43:59

well, they don't have to honour a quote from the website if it is wrong.

they make the rules, and you, as the customer can make a choice of whether to fly with them or not

if you can't upgrade an airmiles flight then that's just the way it is. i don't blame them tbh

hester Thu 09-Jun-11 20:44:37

MN at its best! How on earth did this get so unpleasant so soon? confused

OP, I'm rubbish on this sort of question, but you're not sounding unreasonable to me. I'm sure someone will be along soon with some good advice.

atswimtwolengths Thu 09-Jun-11 20:45:02

carocaro, that is a very unhelpful and daft thing to say! Did you mean to sound so rude?

CleanQueen Thu 09-Jun-11 22:19:03

Phone them back and escalate the complaint to a superbisor. If in doubt then, send a complaint letter and email to the BA Chief Executive office. That should get you a response and some actionand/or reasonable explanation for the issues you have raised, fairly quickly. As usual matters haven't been helped by the advisor you have spoken to. Not blaiming the advisor, could be the training or crap systems they use. YANBU to make a complaint but be aware that you may still not obtain the upgrade you want. Worth a try though.

CleanQueen Thu 09-Jun-11 22:19:47

supervisor!

carocaro Fri 10-Jun-11 12:00:42

No just a simple response to a simple question, if you are not getting what you want from a company take your money elseswhere, the OP asked what to do and I said to use another company, OP's response to me was rude. It is under AIBU after all!

Argos recently were unable to get their act together and deliver a single bed on the day and time stated (twice), so I cancelled the order and ordered one from John Lewis and it came when it was supposed to come.

Your can either stress, whine and moan and post on MN (oh and them moan about the responses) or you can just get on with it and give your hard earned £ to those who can do the job properly.

If OP gets so stressed about a flight upgrade I hate to think what she'd be like if something really serious happened.

betterwhenthesunshines Fri 10-Jun-11 12:06:06

Simple question - but have you tried again online? Sometimes it's just a computer glitch and works OK if you try a second time ( not with BA website in particular, just websites in general). Also try just a deep breath and having another go - you might get someone more helpful on the other end of the phone. Very frustrating if you start off being polite but just keep hitting brick walls. But do you know if this is something you should be able to do, or is it clear that you can't upgrade airmiles free flights to a better class by paying the extra?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now