Talk

Advanced search

dogs in cars all morning...

(8 Posts)
frenchisbest Thu 09-Jun-11 16:04:50

tuesday morning, i took my LO to nursery before work and as usual i parked in the street next to it. As we were walking past some cars, we heard dogs barking but could not see them throught the blacken windows, anyway since we were near a big park, i thought they were here for a nice treat and their owner just poped out to the shop, but by lunchtime when we went back to our car, they were still there.. Absolutely no way, the car could have gone out and back as the space are really wanted in the area and this one would have been taken in 2 second.. I wasn't sure what to do or who to call, but as i was putting LO in the car seat the owner came back and spend away..
Same thing happened today, thought i would try the police station on my way to work but it was close but by the time we came back for nursery, she was going... I have got the number plate, but not to sure who i should inform, it is so hot here...

grovel Thu 09-Jun-11 16:06:31

Call the RSPCA

frenchisbest Thu 09-Jun-11 16:15:57

thank you, justed goggled local number and will phone them now and in the morning if they are there again.

grovel Thu 09-Jun-11 16:30:02

Well done.

WorzselMummage Thu 09-Jun-11 16:31:45

TBH i'd call the non emergency police number. If the RSCPA bother themselves to come out they will have to involve the police anyway as they wont have the autority to break the windows.

Rhinestone Thu 09-Jun-11 16:33:38

Call the police. If the dogs are in distress then I think you are allowed to break the windows. I would anyway.

grovel Thu 09-Jun-11 16:35:35

I've just Google'd the RSPCA:

In some situations, it may be easy for you to find the owner of a car. For example, if the car is in a supermarket car park or at a public event, you could ask for a message to be broadcast asking the owner to return to their car immediately.

However, if it isn’t possible to trace the owner, please contact the police on 999 for assistance. If the police are unable to attend, please call our 24-hour cruelty line 0300 1234 999.

K9999 Thu 09-Jun-11 16:41:51

Call 999 is the correct way of doing it though to be honest if the dogs were at immediate risk/would be before the police got there I'd smash the bloody window myself and get the dogs out and away immediately.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: