Talk

Advanced search

to think being pregnant is not a valid excuse for being a bitch?

(31 Posts)
FlamingFannyDrawers Thu 09-Jun-11 16:00:03

I hear this all the time... People being totally unreasonable then blaming hormones for their rages. I've been pregnant 3 times and never acted like a spolt brat over some petty crap.

LindyHemming Thu 09-Jun-11 16:05:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Firawla Thu 09-Jun-11 16:06:54

no yanbu, i can understand at times it makes people more over sensative, over emotional or cry more easily that kind of thing? but to turn into a bitch.. no
im suprised people would accept that excuse if they are being totally unreasonable spoilt brat etc?

hairylights Thu 09-Jun-11 16:07:11

Well just because you haven't experienced the extreme tiredness and hormone fluctuations that others have doesn't mean it doesn't affect some
People.I have never known tiredness like it.

nailak Thu 09-Jun-11 16:07:24

yabu

sunshineandbooks Thu 09-Jun-11 16:10:00

Depends I think. Generally, I don't think it's acceptable to use how you are feeling as an excuse for bad behaviour. I can't come into work after being up all night with DTs and behave badly to my colleagues. However, we are all human and every one of us - even the most reasonable - has days where it all gets too much and we explode. You have to set it in the context of that person's usual behaviour.

HMTheQueen Thu 09-Jun-11 16:15:11

YANBU - for some people. My sister-in-laws sister practically got away with murder during her first pregnancy. It was all blamed on the hormones.

No. She was a bitch. She just had an excuse for 9 months. After the baby was born, she was still a bitch, but she couldn't get away with it so much.

Reality Thu 09-Jun-11 16:17:34

bupcakesandcunting Thu 09-Jun-11 16:19:53

Look, it wasn't being pregnant that made me a fucking bitch bit of a nightmare. It was the almost 8 months of hardly any sleep due to all day morning sickness, chronic, painful, heartburn then agonising SPD.

OK, bawbag? wink

FlamingFannyDrawers Thu 09-Jun-11 16:45:04

Nae bother ya fud :D

Yes i guess if otherwise you're a normally sane person then fair enough. Throwing a salt shaker at your husband because he ate the last chocolate muffin is ripping it a bit.

LindyHemming Thu 09-Jun-11 16:48:57

bupcakesandcunting Thu 09-Jun-11 16:49:59

Yow'm having a loff ay ya bab? wink

plantsitter Thu 09-Jun-11 16:51:25

YABU. Pregnancy sends me proper insane, and I am otherwise saintly.

(eg, telling DP he didn't love me AT ALL because he did a stinky poo in the bathroom before I brushed my teeth in there hmm)

likale Thu 09-Jun-11 16:52:52

YANBU I find it amazing the number of people who try to justify apalling behaviour by blaming pregnancy.

LindyHemming Thu 09-Jun-11 16:53:16

Baileysismyfriend Thu 09-Jun-11 16:53:23

YANBU, I think some people use it as an excuse.....

onclefestere Thu 09-Jun-11 16:53:41

I was just stalking looking at your profile too to see if you were Scottish and now I discover yowm a black country wench...
<suspicious>

onclefestere Thu 09-Jun-11 16:54:17

and I'm from Walsall (wrong side of M6)...

ooohyouareawfulbutilikeyou Thu 09-Jun-11 16:54:35

pregnancy isnt an excuse for anything imho

bupcakesandcunting Thu 09-Jun-11 16:54:54

That is where I live now! Where in the mighty Wollaston were you?

I

bupcakesandcunting Thu 09-Jun-11 16:55:33

Ooh lots of Walsallers on here. We should do a meet-up in Ikea. I loves me an Ikea hot dawg!

LindyHemming Thu 09-Jun-11 16:57:16

harassedinherpants Thu 09-Jun-11 16:57:59

I'm 11 wks preg and dh will tell you I've had my "moments"!! My hormones are totally shot though as I've already had two mc's this year. Mostly though I'm just over-emotional. I sobbed at Waterloo Road last night blush.

So I can't decide if YABU or not, but I know I am sometimes at the moment......grin

onclefestere Thu 09-Jun-11 16:58:14

I'll have me one of them. I misspent my youth in Stourbridge - best friend from Redhill. Ah what a small world...

bupcakesandcunting Thu 09-Jun-11 17:01:11

Ah, that's over the other end of Wollaston from me (giving too much away here to my legion of stalkers wink)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: