Talk

Advanced search

I really am a grumpy cow but this has really hacked me off.

(104 Posts)
Reality Thu 09-Jun-11 14:04:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

drcrab Thu 09-Jun-11 14:06:36

maybe it's because she knows that her other sisters are pregnant and therefore 'ratty and tired' and won't want to organise the BBQ? If she's serious about it, I would take her up on her offer and just turn up!

chinchin123 Thu 09-Jun-11 14:07:49

No. It sounds like she has a busy life and has tried to organise something nice for your mum. The best gift you can give your parents is to support and like your siblings!

NoobytheWaspSlayer Thu 09-Jun-11 14:09:00

I would be pissed off too (but am also pregnant!). However I would be taking this as the perfect opportunity to let her do it all herself and run around like a headless chicken, while you and your sister enjoy watching her flap. At the end of the day your Mum and Dad will love having you all around for a change.

Reality Thu 09-Jun-11 14:10:38

Hullygully Thu 09-Jun-11 14:11:23

I'm not surprised it's made you all huffy, maybe you could say something like, "Wow, that's so sweet! Are you sure you want to? You don't usually get involved in the organising of family events, it's a lot of work, you know."

SuePurblybilt Thu 09-Jun-11 14:11:43

Can you not just let her? Hand over your fiver and do nothing else -it's her problem now. Or say 'how nice, we were planning the same. Great minds and all that. Let's do it together'.
I would just hand over the fiver and wait for it to go tits up but I am VERY grumpy at the moment too and do not advise this. I am a Bad Person.

Bluebell99 Thu 09-Jun-11 14:11:58

i wouldn't be pissed off. I would be grateful my sister was organising it and happily give her the money.

Reality Thu 09-Jun-11 14:12:05

OTheHugeManatee Thu 09-Jun-11 14:12:12

YANBU. That's galling in the highest degree.

OTOH though it means she's pulling her weight for a change, which is good. In your position, being completely honest, I'd probably just bitch about her with other sister and on MN but let her get on with it. That way you get your bitching, she gets to play Waltons, you don't have to be all organisey for a change. Everyone wins grin

<lazy emoticon>

SuePurblybilt Thu 09-Jun-11 14:12:48

Ah, too slow. And I bet she gets the best jobs too while you're standing three metres back from the sink washing up. Grrrrr.
Do what Hully says then.

NoobytheWaspSlayer Thu 09-Jun-11 14:15:44

Then I would conspire with your other sister and text/email - something along the lines of..

'Thank you SO much for organising this party - it is so nice for you to take a turn!! Mum and Dad are SO looking forward to it! It is SO nice of you to step up to the plate. Both Sis1 and I are really busy with kids/work and of course its tough being pregnant, so we want to just let you have the freedom to get on with it yourself. It will be a real pleasure to just sit back and enjoy a family gathering with us all together. Thank you SO much again!! XXXXXXX'

Reality Thu 09-Jun-11 14:16:21

Reality Thu 09-Jun-11 14:17:53

CurrySpice Thu 09-Jun-11 14:21:55

Ooof! There seems to be a LOT of resentment of your sister in this and your last thread about her!

Reality Thu 09-Jun-11 14:22:41

NoobytheWaspSlayer Thu 09-Jun-11 14:24:36

<high fives Reality>

Festering pool of resentment and bile here too!

BettySwollocksandaCrustyRack Thu 09-Jun-11 14:25:02

sounds like she is damned if she does, damned if she doesnt!

ShirleyKnot Thu 09-Jun-11 14:25:12

Heh! Nooby is a geeeenius. DO that one Reality, I'd also just not give her the fiver (the cheeky aticle)

fuckmepinkandcallmerosie Thu 09-Jun-11 14:26:20

Reality - are you available to hire? I have an ex I need sorted grin

CurrySpice Thu 09-Jun-11 14:26:27

I bet it is OP!

As my mom would say "Drop your shoulders, let it go"

Ormirian Thu 09-Jun-11 14:26:30

Sorrycan't answer sensibly. Too busy roffling at2plus she called us 'girls'. <killy killy stab stab stab>"

NoobytheWaspSlayer Thu 09-Jun-11 14:27:57

<considers name change to NoobytheNarkyViper>

diddl Thu 09-Jun-11 14:28:24

You had a family & friends get together.

This is purely for you mum & dad, so I don´t think it´s fair to harbour too much resentment about her not going to your do.

I would let her get on with it or choose one easy specific task to do.

EldritchCleavage Thu 09-Jun-11 14:28:37

That would severely piss me off. Add me to the narky grumps list.
Agree you should make sure she does the work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: