Talk

Advanced search

to not want to go out

(9 Posts)
shuffleballchange Thu 09-Jun-11 13:36:41

DS1 is 6 and DS2 is nearly 6 months. I have been invited out to a meal tonight with friends from work and a birthday party on Saturday. I dont want to go to either, I like being at home with my boys. People keep saying I should go out, but why? DH is going to the party alone on Saturday night, he doesnt mind, he understands why I dont want to go. I am intending to go back to my evening dance classes in September when I return to work part-time, I just can't stand to be parted from DS2 as he is still so little. I do lots in the daytime and am always out and about but with my DCs. Before DS2 was born, I went out occasionally in the evening and no doubt I will again when DS2 is a bit older, but just not now.

AgentZigzag Thu 09-Jun-11 13:38:55

Of course YANBU, don't feel pressured by other people to do stuff you're not into.

You'll know when you're ready, no point in stressing yourself out about it.

itisnearlysummer Thu 09-Jun-11 13:41:44

Do what you want. YANBU. I didn't want to go out when mine were that little.

mistressploppy Thu 09-Jun-11 13:50:33

I remember this feeling. Don't go, and DON'T beat yourself up. Plenty of time for meals out later.

ChristianSalvesen62 Thu 09-Jun-11 13:55:01

YANBU. It took me till I was 45 to realise that I could say "No" if I wanted, instead of trying to keep other people happy all the time.

Now I please myself and stay in! I hate parties, I can't make small talk with people I'm not interested in and I feel uncomfortable in these situations. Why should I feel that way just to please others?

tothemoonandback Thu 09-Jun-11 13:57:36

YANBU, I'm just the same and far happier to stay in.

pollyblue Thu 09-Jun-11 14:25:08

YANBU, I was quite hermit-like for months after twins were born (also had 2yo). I was mad busy during the day and in the evenings I just liked quiet, a book or dvd, or a potter in the garden.

In the past year I've become a lot more sociable, back at college part-time, going to exhibitions, pub with friends etc. That's what I like to do now, but I really enjoyed my anti-social quiet couple of years too. Do what pleases you now, you are allowed! grin

Pumpernickel10 Thu 09-Jun-11 15:06:11

I'm happier staying in and went 3 months without venturing out. I'm a lot better now but hate going out of an evening.

Laquitar Thu 09-Jun-11 15:18:28

Dont go to the meal but i would go to the birthday party. What if all the friends 'don't feel like' ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: