Talk

Advanced search

to think that a single small pasta parcel in a bowl of ravioli...

(15 Posts)
OTheHugeManatee Thu 09-Jun-11 13:31:57

...should be called a raviolus?

Hmm?

MrsCarriePooter Thu 09-Jun-11 13:32:43

YABU - Raviolo - it's Italian.

charitygirl Thu 09-Jun-11 13:33:10

YABU. It is a 'raviolo'. grin

OTheHugeManatee Thu 09-Jun-11 13:38:21

I know. But it should be a raviolus.

<stubborn>

limitedperiodonly Thu 09-Jun-11 13:41:32

YABU. Raviolus sounds like a pustule and I now feel queasy.

SuePurblybilt Thu 09-Jun-11 13:43:29

Are we just speculating or did you have this happen to you in a booth at Bella Pasta? Cos that's shocking and YANBU to want a full refund grin.

razzlebathbone Thu 09-Jun-11 13:43:33

I hate it when people ask for a panini instead of a panino. But I'm a saddo.

OTheHugeManatee Thu 09-Jun-11 13:45:02

limited I think you'll find it's you who IBU.

'Raviolo' sounds like a character from a children's TV show. 'Raviolus' sounds all classical and highbrow, like.

<entrenched>

HeadfirstForHalos Thu 09-Jun-11 13:56:49

Raviolus sounds ponceygrin

I learned that a single spaghetti strand was a spaghetto, and that a single panini is actually panino on the Mow-ett thread smile

If Raviolo was to be raviolus, spaghetti would have to be spaghettus, and paninus just sounds wrong grin

HeadfirstForHalos Thu 09-Jun-11 13:57:57

I must admit Raviolo does sound like a kids TV character though!

SarahStratton Thu 09-Jun-11 13:58:24

Paninus grin

<childish snigger>

OTheHugeManatee Thu 09-Jun-11 14:00:19

Paninus and Raviolo! Medieval teddy bear knights of the round table!

<cue heroic sounding synth music slightly too loud and calculated to overexcite small children>

limitedperiodonly Thu 09-Jun-11 14:01:01

OTheHuge That's simply not possible.

razzle you'd get on well with an Italian woman I sat next to on a flight after making friends on a business trip.

For a good hour she questioned me on why the English call a pizza with salami on it a peperoni pizza when a peperoni is a bell pepper or chili or something or other. She introdued the panino/panini debate and other sins such as having a cappucino after your dinner.

I tried to say it was probably something to do with Peperami, then I tried nodding and smiling and apologising on behalf of all English people but she kept going on and on.

In the end I took refuge in drink and she decided I was too English to be her friend any more grin

OTheHugeManatee Thu 09-Jun-11 14:02:12

Hm. Just read my last post back.

<goes off to lie in a darkened room for a bit>

MrsCarriePooter Thu 09-Jun-11 14:02:17

Paninus and Raviolo - if they're not the missing characters from Dogtanian and the Five Muskehounds, then they should be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now