Talk

Advanced search

To have made the woman behind the till at tesco cry this morning :(

(27 Posts)
passiveaggresive Thu 09-Jun-11 12:50:36

Poor woman - don't know what i did! I sort of recognised her from when i worked there 20 years ago. Always remember her as being nice and happy go lucky. Anyway, im away with the fairies today - had done my shopping and decided to buy some flowers to put on my dads grave. Got my three pots of flowers, nearly dropped them, went to the till, gabbling away about how scatty i am. Shes looking at me like im an alien - so i say to her, oh, you look like you're having a day like mine (its not been great), no answer, so i ask her if shes ok. She says "oh ive got a headache" See, this was the point where i should have shut the fuck up and took my shopping and left. But no, I went on about how i had a headache for two days and it wouldnt go - bla bla bla. Next thing i know shes out of her chair and off to the ladies in floods of tears.

I told her supervisor who was on the next till that i didn't think she was very well and she said "oh, shes always doing that, gets on our nerves" hmm

Felt bloody awful, and what is worse, i just left without checking on her sad

bupcakesandcunting Thu 09-Jun-11 12:52:28

You weren't being unreasonable but her supervisor was. She might always be "doing that" because she has some issues to deal with.

TheFeministsWife Thu 09-Jun-11 12:53:00

YANBU I don't think you did anything wrong, so sounds like a bit of a drama queen.

chicletteeth Thu 09-Jun-11 12:54:01

No YANBU.

She's either got ishoos or she's having a bad day

IWantToBeAFairyWhenIGrowUp Thu 09-Jun-11 12:57:42

She might have something wrong with her - poor woman. YANBU, you didn't know she'd burst into tears.

Her supervisor was a bit of a bitch though.

fearnelinen Thu 09-Jun-11 12:58:29

Were you being passiveagreesive?? wink

YANBU, it's clearly nothing to do with you.

confuseddotcodotuk Thu 09-Jun-11 13:01:33

YANBU, but if you feel bad maybe you could ask her if she's alright next time you see her? Her supervisor was a bit twattish imo.

passiveaggresive Thu 09-Jun-11 13:02:03

Ive had a rough few days fearnelinen, but i would have hoped my simmering anger was kept in check my my OTT friendliness, which maybe i should be keeping in check too. I just like talking to people - sometimes people do seem to back away from me and look at me like i'm mad, but this will be the first time i've reduced someone to tears.

And yes, her supervisor was a cow - i looked a bit like this shock raised my eyes to the customers stood there and walked out

Pumpernickel10 Thu 09-Jun-11 13:03:14

passive you sound lovely. She was probably having a bad day and you asking probably helped. Her supervisor sounds a right cow and didn't act very professionally if you ask me

SuePurblybilt Thu 09-Jun-11 13:03:58

Were you being nice? That's what always tips me over into tears, when someone is kind. I'm sure it wasn't your fault - at least you didn't go on about how you knew someone who tied of a headache or something not that i am that tactless.

stripeywoollenhat Thu 09-Jun-11 13:04:51

not you, clearly: poor woman clearly has some sort of problem and her supervisor is a hard hearted bastard.

fearnelinen Thu 09-Jun-11 13:05:26

passive you didn't reduce her to tears, there could be all manner of reasons but I'd bet my bottom dollar it wasn't anything you did.

SuePurblybilt Thu 09-Jun-11 13:28:48

That would be died of a headache. Nobody was ever tied of one.

excitedLJ Thu 09-Jun-11 13:58:38

AIBU to be slightly disappointed that this wasn't the juicy post I had hoped for after reading the title?? wink

[god i'm a cow and need to leave this house for a walk or something....]

passiveaggresive Thu 09-Jun-11 14:48:53

sorry to disappoint you excited, im just too nice grin

Ormirian Thu 09-Jun-11 14:50:46

Were you being nice to her? You bastard! How could you grin

Niceness is a killer when you are feeling wobbly.

passiveaggresive Thu 09-Jun-11 14:54:36

i know that Orm, i wished id had a go at her when she failed to put my clubcard through now - then she would have been bouyed up with righteous indignation and had a better day, can't do right for doing wrong grin

Pumpernickel10 Thu 09-Jun-11 15:24:32

Give me nice anyday smile
Can't see why some wish to turn things bitchy I'd rather see a lovely post like this when someone was trying to be kind and helpful. Give me that anyway and I'm sure passive she will remember you when you go in again.

passiveaggresive Thu 09-Jun-11 15:26:08

ah, i think Orm was joking grin and i was being slightly provocative with the title, just a tad! lol

Ormirian Thu 09-Jun-11 15:30:05

joking? Joking? Of course I wasn't joking. I was deadly serious.....

wink

Pumpernickel10 Thu 09-Jun-11 15:30:51

I'm being too sensitive today, ignore me.
It was not aimed at either of you.

YankNCock Thu 09-Jun-11 15:32:01

I agree with Sue, sounds like you were being nice. I think the mistake was asking 'how are you?'. Someone asked me that about a month ago and I burst into tears. It was the anniversary of the due date for the baby I lost, and I'd been fighting a crying jag all day.

So just never, ever ask anyone how they are. grin

SuePurblybilt Thu 09-Jun-11 15:34:08

Yeah, stop caring you cowbag grin

yoshiLunk Thu 09-Jun-11 15:35:07

there you go again, upsetting poor pumpernickel this time, where will you stop?? angry

grin

passiveaggresive Thu 09-Jun-11 15:35:55

nup, wont ignore you pumpernickel, rather prescribe a large glass of wine or cup of [tea], but definately not a biscuit grin Hope you are ok

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: