Talk

Advanced search

to have kept DS home from his full day at nursery today?

(6 Posts)
AmazingBouncingFerret Thu 09-Jun-11 09:23:43

We had already dropped DD off at the childminders and I was driving with DS to drop him off at this nursery when he brought up the subject of his Dad going into hospital. I was straight with him and told him in simple terms what was happening and how long he would be gone for.
He has just been through it all with me being in hospital so knows that people get better etc.

He burst into hysterical sobs and I about crashed the car. sad

So I've brought him to my mum and dads and we are spending the day together.
Nursery shouldnt mind, but i'm not sure what to say to them on the phone! If I say he's ill he'll show me up tomorrow and tell them he wasnt!

minibmw2010 Thu 09-Jun-11 09:26:27

Just say something came up, you dont need to explain do you ??? So long as they get paid I assume they won't mind ....

justpaddling Thu 09-Jun-11 09:26:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AmazingBouncingFerret Thu 09-Jun-11 09:30:34

Oh I don't pay for the nursery.
He seems ok now, his Dad is getting back from working away today so it'll be good for him to see him. I think he has missed him alot!

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Thu 09-Jun-11 09:31:24

You just ca and say he won't be in but will be tomorrow the bye!

fuzzpigFriday Thu 09-Jun-11 09:35:27

Tell them the truth - presumably they know about your DH? It would be good for them to be aware he's upset, the poor mite, so they can deal with it sensitively if he is upset at nursery.

If they're anything like my DD's nursery they will totally understand and want what is best for your DS, if that is a day off then so be it! You're his mum, you know he is feeling vulnerable and he needs quality family time to recover.

If they do get pissy about it (highly unlikely IME) then be aware that your DS is not legally required to be in ANY educational setting at all, because he is not old enough.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: