Talk

Advanced search

To ask if any one is going any where naff on holiday this year?

(21 Posts)
ivykaty44 Thu 09-Jun-11 00:15:41

If you are can you let me know where you are going that is naff, horrid or just plain nasty - ta very much

StrawberryTot Thu 09-Jun-11 00:31:50

i'm not going anywhere is that nasty enough grin

shockers Thu 09-Jun-11 00:31:57

Definition of naff if you please!

worraliberty Thu 09-Jun-11 00:33:51

I've booked a week at Netmums..middle of August sad

ivykaty44 Thu 09-Jun-11 00:34:35

naff - somewhere you really wouldn't go on a holiday for example Swindon, nothing wrong with Swindon but not a holiday destination

Cocoflower Thu 09-Jun-11 00:40:51

Hol-i-day

Whats that? Hmm...

Nope not ringing any bells!

CointreauVersial Thu 09-Jun-11 00:56:45

I've been suckered into booking us all onto a PGL Family Activity week in Devon.

Not naff or horrid, but could be nasty. For me, that is. I'm sure the DCs will have a ball watching their mum fall out of a canoe and scream while swinging through the trees like tarzan.

cantspel Thu 09-Jun-11 01:07:57

i have booked 2 weeks at one of those first choice holiday villages.

Sounds lovely, 2 weeks AI in a beach front hotel. But what they really are is 2000 brits eating chips everynight and doing silly dances around the pool during the day.

I will find a quite corner to hide in with a pile of books to read whilst my boys go off and make alot of noise on the water slides, high wires and every other activity they fancy.

ReadyToDrink Thu 09-Jun-11 01:10:34

Not a terrible destination, but I will be sharing a caravan with DS, my sister & my parents for a week. Could be... interesting.

Roughwiththesmooth Thu 09-Jun-11 01:15:49

Pontins- extremely naff but can't wait.

Loolah Thu 09-Jun-11 02:20:02

Disneyland paris for 4 days in August, not nasty or horrid but with DD's who are 7 and 2, I might just be pulling my hair out by the end of it. DD1 will get ridiculously over excited = not sleep properly, therefore become grumpy and grouchy. DD2 will want to walk everywhere and will have a tantrum when she is made to sit in her pushchair at regular intervals.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Thu 09-Jun-11 03:02:21

Home for the 4 July - not nasty, or horrid, or naff, just plain old unashamed stealth boasting.

I envy you cantspel - just make sure you're in the queue at 5 mins to midnite at the oasis because it will change to dry desert on the stroke of 12.

Iteotwawki Thu 09-Jun-11 05:12:19

Going to an extremely southern town for the next 2 weeks on leave. Normally would be a holiday destination (fab beaches and skiing) but in this case will be horrid as 1) family not coming with me 2) will be working all 13 days. All my holiday this year is going to be spent working extra hours elsewhere /sigh.

Next year I want to have a proper holiday - 3 weeks in the UK smile

Bloodymary Thu 09-Jun-11 08:34:09

cantspel been there, done that, but at least the kids will have a great time, all the ice creams they can eat etc; and you can top up your tan in that quiet corner! Enjoy.

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 09-Jun-11 08:49:19

I'm going to Warrington/Manchester/Wigan in two weeks time with DD. Are they naff enough?

tinkertitonk Thu 09-Jun-11 09:20:02

naff = not available for fucking (i.e. straight, from a gay perspective).

skyatnight Thu 09-Jun-11 09:46:03

(I know the word 'naff' has that meaning/origin (I watched a documentary on Kenneth Williams once) but I'm not sure there is any other word in the English language that has the meaning the OP wanted to express by using the word 'naff' and the word is also generally understood in the way that she used it so...is 'one' not allowed to use the word in that way any more? Or is it just a bit 'naff' to use the word 'naff'?)

Centerparcs in the Easter holidays left me a bit nauseous: over-priced, overcrowded, Starbucks-overloaded, veruca plasters in the tropical swimming paradise, etc., but of course dd loved it! I think Pontins and Butlins have gone beyond 'naff' into being cool again.

CointreauVersial Thu 09-Jun-11 13:31:20

Nope, Butlins is still naff. I was there for a weekend a couple of years ago, and DH and I were the only ones without beerguts and tattoos (and I'm including the women and children) .

<snob emoticon>

ivykaty44 Thu 09-Jun-11 20:34:09

hmm it was just I was asked yesterday if I was going on holiday and I said yes later in the year and then the next question was "somewhere nice?" I wanted to say - no I have picked the worst place ever to go on holiday grin

but I wanted to check in case people really do pick an awful holiday destination on purpose wink

chillistars Thu 09-Jun-11 20:41:02

see you there then Loolah!

Hatesponge Thu 09-Jun-11 20:48:42

We went to Clacton a couple of years ago. In a caravan. It was actually rather good, but probably scores high on the naff scale.

This summer there is a good chance of us ending up in a very naff Spanish resort......only because there's a chance of a cheap deal, and it fulfills our criteria (cheap, hot, swimming pool, short flight, cheap etc) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now