Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think DD should just go to her bloody bed

(17 Posts)

DP is arriving shortly, she's not seen him for two whole weeks and she's bouncing. She will NOT go to sleep.

She's 9. I may kill her shortly.

Can I give her gin?

TakeMeDrunkImHome Wed 08-Jun-11 23:02:39

Haha, yes, do it grin

Mine will be the same on Friday afternoon. Will buy gin.

strandedbear Wed 08-Jun-11 23:03:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Wed 08-Jun-11 23:04:36

No, she will spit it out and that would be a waste. You have a gin and give her a hot chocolate or something. She'll be asleep as soon as she's had a chance to say hello to her Dad. grin

I swear she is absolutely totally awake with excitement.

I know it's nice that she loves him so much and is so excited to see him but FFS

TakeMeDrunkImHome Wed 08-Jun-11 23:05:00

Strandedbear I dont think OP was really intending to kill the child/ply her with gin....or was she hmm...

He's not her dad blush he's my DP they are a mutual appreciation society.

TakeMeDrunkImHome Wed 08-Jun-11 23:05:26

Dammit I want a gin now but I don't have the points. Someone lend me some. Ta.

ReindeerBollocks Wed 08-Jun-11 23:06:17

How sweet that she loves her dad so much she is bouncing.

Bet she is flat out about ten minutes after the excitement wears off..

(well I hope so for your sake OP).

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Wed 08-Jun-11 23:06:19

YY.... to Strandedbear and her tactical toilet habits... grin

Did you peer through the stairs bannisters, not quite downstairs so that you were still 'legal', but looking oh so appealing that the grown-ups couldn't fail to take pity on you and let you come down for a bit? grin

I am just looking forward to seeing him myself and she is so excited. It's nice but ... GO TO YOUR BLOODY BED YOU HAVE TO GET UP FOR SCHOOL IN THE MORNING

winnybella Wed 08-Jun-11 23:07:09

Oh, I've got the same thing here, DS (also 9) won't go to sleep til DP (also not his dad) comes in from work. Every day.

ReindeerBollocks Wed 08-Jun-11 23:07:11

X-posted with OP.

How sweet that she likes your DP that much OP.

I know I'm very lucky that they all (even older DD who is in bed and asleep) get on so well but if you could see her. She is literally bouncing on the sofa in excitement. I gave up after the millionth attempt to put her to bed and told her just to come down and wait with me - it's pointless she won't sleep anyway so she may as well be here.

<<Sigh>>

Who would like to be me in the morning trying to get her up for school?

PiousPrat Wed 08-Jun-11 23:16:17

I have the same thing with DS2 who is 10 and my DP who we see every 2 PR 3 weeks. Luckily he usually comes down on a Friday night for the weekend so it doesn't matter too much if i have given up after the 11 millionth excuse and just let DS2 stay up, but this week DP is coming down tomorrow so in 24 hours time, this will be me.

Except I can't even have the bloody gin, being pregnant.

Annoying as it is, it is kind of sweet and I would say enjoy it while it lasts. Soon enough the pre-teen narkiness will kick in and she won't be pleased to see anyone so you'll look back on the sofa bouncing with fondness ;)

I saw a Facebook page for what looks like a hilarious book today, called 'go the F@*k to sleep', a board picture book that is definitely not for kids, but would be appreciated by parents everywhere I think ;)

Pious - that's us too. Normally he's here on the weekend, but he's wangled some time off and so is making a massive effort to get here tonight. She is not being any bother, just AWAKE and hyper with excitment.

DD1 is 12 and is too cool to sit up bouncing on the sofa so she's in bed and asleep.

mrsdonkeybucket Wed 08-Jun-11 23:21:38

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now