Talk

Advanced search

To still be worried about the MMR?

(7 Posts)
revolutionscoop Wed 08-Jun-11 20:29:05

Dd2 is having the MMR jab tomorrow. My older two dc both had it without incident, there's seemingly a significant measles outbreak on the continent at the moment, and I know the autism link has been comprehensively discredited. Still feel (irrationally) uneasy about it. Am I alone?

MissPenteuth Wed 08-Jun-11 20:33:00

No, I think the link is there in people's minds and it will be a long time before it's forgotten. And we all worry about the decisions we make for our children, we can't help it. I'm completely pro-vaccination, I work in scientific research and I'm fully aware that the studies that raised the autism issue have been discredited. I even had the MMR myself as a child. But I still felt a twinge of irrational worry about the MMR. Went ahead and did it anyway though.

Littlepurpleprincess Wed 08-Jun-11 20:33:09

YABU. It's been discredited, apply some common sense.

crispyseaweed Wed 08-Jun-11 20:41:44

How about just the Measles part of the jab .. not the triple vaccine?

Booandpops Wed 08-Jun-11 21:00:40

My Ds had his Mmr Tuesday. So far he is absolutly fine just a bit of arm ache. It's natural to be apprehensive about any medical procedure.

wineandcheese Wed 08-Jun-11 21:09:44

YABU. The Andrew Wakefield research was a complete and utter load of tosh.

BumWiper Wed 08-Jun-11 21:12:24

Its been completly discredited time and time again.I understand the apprehension because the suggestion was planted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now