Talk

Advanced search

Potential catastrophe. Please advise

(29 Posts)
bupcakesandcunting Wed 08-Jun-11 20:28:07

It's my Slimming World weigh in tomorrow. Have been good all week but tonight after dinner, I caved and scoffed a Galaxy Bubble. It tasted goooooood wink

I am a bit fick about anatomy and the workings of the human body. Will the chocolate reflect on my weigh in tomorrow or does saturated fat take a few days to take it's toll on your weight? Oh help sad

MmeLindor. Wed 08-Jun-11 20:28:55

It will be ok.

Make sure you take your jewellery off and think light thoughts.

Daenerys Wed 08-Jun-11 20:29:00

it will take a few days - is your weigh in in the morning?

QuintessentialOldMoo Wed 08-Jun-11 20:29:57

Go for a jog, and you will be fine!

MumblingRagDoll Wed 08-Jun-11 20:30:04

You will weigh aproximately 67 kilos more now than you did before chocolate.

It won't show. Not yet! Do a little bit of running up the stairs or have a dance! That'll even it out.

bupcakesandcunting Wed 08-Jun-11 20:33:13

Weigh in tomorrow, yes.

I have been dancing to Hot Potato by the Wiggles on Wii Dance Juniors, like a loon. Given myself stitch sad

QuintessentialOldMoo Wed 08-Jun-11 20:34:08

You need to keep up the cardiovascular activity for at least 20 minutes to get into fat burning mode. grin

Daenerys Wed 08-Jun-11 20:37:42

perhaps tmi but if it's in the morning - don't drink a lot before your WI and try and go for a wee! lol! and wear light clothes!

but you know you're just messing about :P regardless of what the scales say tomorrow the choccie will matter at some point so keep up the dancing for a while !

My mil is a consultant and she has group tomorrow! coincidence? probably smile

thelittlefriend Wed 08-Jun-11 20:38:29

hmmm good question bupcakes. How does weight work? I'd have thought that cos you've got a galaxy bubble inside you, you'd weigh a galaxy bubble more than you did earlier? So as long as you, ahem, excrete more than a galaxy bubble before the weigh in you'll be fine. Non?

redflagsahoy Wed 08-Jun-11 20:41:05

If it was one chocolate bar it shouldn't show bupcakes, good luck with the weigh in and don't eat anything else this evening smile

MmeLindor. Wed 08-Jun-11 20:42:32

At least it was a Galaxy Bubble.

They are like Aeros, right? So lots of air.

If it had been a regular Galaxy...

pyjamababe Wed 08-Jun-11 20:44:43

Buy a catering sized pack of said chocolate bar, hand out at your meeting tomorrow, thereby levelling the playing field once more grin

NB: Be prepared to 1. make lots of curvy new friends and 2. receive a lifetime ban from Slimming World...

Al0uiseG Wed 08-Jun-11 20:44:49

Drink lots of water too. I caved in and had a cinnamon bun in Starbucks today. Still feeling crap about it sad

MissPenteuth Wed 08-Jun-11 20:44:51

How big is a Galaxy Bubble? FWIW, it takes about 3500 extra calories to put on 1lb. That's about 700g of chocolate. So you're probably fine grin

Pumpernickel10 Wed 08-Jun-11 20:45:31

bupcake I am on slimming world too.
I have a once a week treat ok I lied already had two today sad
I always class what I eat today as today it sort of works for me
plus lost 10lbs so far. Yipeeeeeeee

tinkertitonk Wed 08-Jun-11 20:46:18

Food eaten standing up contains one half the calories.

Fact.

Pumpernickel10 Wed 08-Jun-11 20:50:13

Also 10 minutes of housework burns 40 calories and a 20 min walk burns 90 calories. A friend lent me a book about calories and what activites to do to burn the most.

bupcakesandcunting Wed 08-Jun-11 20:58:09

Well done on your loss, Pumpernickel! Good work.

I am doing shit. Mainly because of incidents like this...

QuickLookBusy Wed 08-Jun-11 21:43:53

I'm doing SW at the moment, so I don't get mistaken for a whale on holiday.

Have checked on the website and it says a galaxy bubble is one and a half syns per 5g.

I don't know how much one bar weighs, but it can't be much with all those bubbles in it.

Surely all you ate was air with just a single thin layer of chocolate surrounding it?

bupcakesandcunting Wed 08-Jun-11 22:04:21

It's 8 syns so not so bad if I hadn't also scronfed a bag of popcorn at lunchtime.

QuickLookBusy Wed 08-Jun-11 22:37:23

Ah well you can't win em all.

Tomorrows another day and all that.

Fecklessdizzy Wed 08-Jun-11 22:41:40

Er ... Don't understand all this syns stuff but isn't it to do with how many calories you chow down in total, and a calorie from delicious chocolate is the same amount of energy as any other calorie so if you just eat less other stuff between now and then it will all even out and you'll be fine!

Or something.

bupcakesandcunting Wed 08-Jun-11 22:42:54

I have eaten like a horse today. A very greedy, fat horse sad

Al0uiseG Thu 09-Jun-11 07:31:20

You have to come back and tell us how you got on at fat fighters today and if the Galaxy bar caused you to put on 4 stone over night. I shall be jumping on the scales in about 5 minutes. Just to shame myself into staying on the straight and narrow today.

bupcakesandcunting Thu 09-Jun-11 12:48:47

Two and a half pounds OFF.

How the fuck did that happen? confused

I've just had two chocolate bourbons to reward myself. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: