Talk

Advanced search

To ask what is the most embarassing thing to ever happen to you?

(24 Posts)
joogle Wed 08-Jun-11 19:10:55

Drunk or otherwise!

One that springs to mind for me happened a few years ago, I went shopping with a good friend & we were trying on clothes. I was giving my honest opinion when she put on a bright red red with bobbles sewn all over it, I told her no no no she looked ridiculous, she went very quiet before telling me it was actually her jumper blush

joogle Wed 08-Jun-11 19:11:35

Sorry that was meant to read bright red jumper

NettoSuperstar Wed 08-Jun-11 19:19:21

The last one that I'm still cringing about:
Last winter, a poster on here offered to send me chocolate, as a thank you for something. I said no, it wasn't necessary but she insisted. Anyway, we agreed to swap goodies (she doesn't live in the UK).
I sent some goodies to her, and at the last minute, included a tin of Carnation Caramel. I have a great recipe for chocolate fudge cake with it in, and meant to include the recipe.
I forgot to put in the recipe.
No matter, I thought, until a few weeks later when I realised that Carnation Caramel, is actually Nestle carnation caramel.

It must've looked like I added a random Nestle product to the package.blush

I have not stopped cringing.

joogle Wed 08-Jun-11 19:28:43

I once wrote a text to a friend about a guy I was seeing, saying he was actually quite odd and becoming a bit stalker-ish - and sent it to him by mistake

brightyoungthing Wed 08-Jun-11 19:36:02

I have had loads of embarrasing things happen to me, and I sometimes torture myself late at night by re-living them over and over again!

One of the most embarrasing was when I was walking home late at night with a lad (this was well over 10 years ago), and we started getting frisky in this little wooded area next to quite a main road. I ended up with my trousers round my ankles giving him oral sex and I felt a tickling sensation round my bum. It was quite enjoyable but after a while I wondered how he could reach round there, at almost the exact same time we heard a mans voice call out so we turned around and.......It was a fucking dog that was licking my bum and the owner was politely standing with his back to us calling his hound back! I really wanted to vanish into thin air and spent years praying he didn't recognise me (small town).

I have more but this one is even now making me blush blush

CRS Wed 08-Jun-11 19:38:57

My life is full of embarrassment. However - this one stands out - about 8 years ago, my dad took me to Blockbuster to get a video for my then very small son. Went in, leaving dad in the car , got video, got back into car and said "Got it, good. Would you mind taking me to the shop to get a bottle of wine?". The stranger in the identical car parked next to my dad's said "That's fine - but we haven't even been introduced!"

brightyoungthing Wed 08-Jun-11 19:42:12

joogle almost reminds me of the time when I was a teenager and the guy I fancied phoned me up to ask me out. I got so excited I went to phone my best friend straight after but accidently called him back. As soon as he picked up, before he even said hello ( this would never have happened if I would have waited for a hello!) I blurted out.."guess what, so-and-so just phoned me and asked me out, I love him so much I knew we would be together blah blah blah". He just said "byt, it's me!" I slammed the phone down and he never ever called me back!

Oh the shame blush

worm77daisy Wed 08-Jun-11 19:46:00

I too have dozens but the one that springs to mind first is when FIL walked in on DH and in the middle of us having sex with
Me on top, facing the door and me not realising forseveral seconds.

Took a long time to get over that one.

Pumpernickel10 Wed 08-Jun-11 19:48:46

One that sticks to my mind was walking around most of the day with my skirt tucked into my knickers. No one told me at work either. Buggers.
I also tripped up once whilst merry and fell face first in dog poo.

TastesLikePanda Wed 08-Jun-11 20:22:36

OMG shock

I don't think I would ever get over that.

My shameful story is being in a room of my friends, sitting on the floor and leaning against the 'cute' boys legs and out of nowhere - literally NOWHERE - let out a massive trump. I swear the floor actually vibrated sad
The whole room of people went deathly silent. I may have been very drunk.

MyCatHasStaff Wed 08-Jun-11 20:29:15

In the middle of a busy, open-plan office, I was chatting away getting ready to leave for the day. Pulled my rake-style comb out of my bag and attached to it was a wrapped sanitary pad, which I proceeded to flick over my head at my boss as I was combing my hair. blush

passiveaggresive Wed 08-Jun-11 21:28:30

oh, these are making me smile some even pmsl, especially the dog licking your bum. I would have DIED!! lol

Mine i think has to be when my mum appeared at my door with her dog, she was stood at the fence because i have a dog too, my dog bolted out, her dog pulled free - i shot out to grab both dogs as we are by a busy road, i had both dogs on my lead when my jeans fell to my ankles and i had gone commando that day - i then tried to drag myself back into my house without tripping arse over tit or letting go of the dogs!

joogle Wed 08-Jun-11 21:29:06

Years ago I was having sex with my boyfriend, his trousers were round his ankles and his phone in his back pocket, somehow it dialled his dad but not only that, he didn't answer and it went to answer phone. The guys Dad he got a starnge message and all he could here was rustling but I'm not so sure blush blush !!!

TakeMeDrunkImHome Wed 08-Jun-11 21:32:41

I think I have told this before. It was many years ago and I was at high school, I spilt my drink (something with blackcurrant) over the table during lunch and went in my bag for a tissue to mop it out. I pulled out a "tissue" but it was a sanitary towel that had come out of the wrapper, must have been a full thirty seconds of mopping before I realised what it was. The name jam rag followed me through the halls for many a year after that....

crispyseaweed Wed 08-Jun-11 21:32:48

I was only 13 yr old and about to insert a tampon in before swimming. blush I was in a single changing cublicle at a private pool and this gorgeous guy a lot older than me , who I really fancied opened the door . ( i had forgotten to lock it)
OMG [shock} I just wanted to die. I was so surprised, I said. "Do you mind?" blush blush blush

Bohica Wed 08-Jun-11 21:37:27

mycat that is so funny smile sorry.

Mine is to long & complicated. It involves some nudity on my part, being trapped & heavily pregnant, the fire brigade & humiliation in front of all my neighbours blush

redflagsahoy Wed 08-Jun-11 21:38:46

I was in an interview for a post graduate course, 5 panel interview, everything was going really well until....after about 10 mins in, the head of the department (who went on to become my thesis supervisor) stood up and said, excuse me ms.redflagsahoy I can no longer continue with this interview until you do up your blouse....they were all male. My shirt opened down to the last button. I wanted to die, I can't ever remember anything as humiliating, I had to excuse myself and go to the bathroom, I wanted to leg it right then and there but decided to pull myself together and go back in there. I still to this day not understand how that shirt opened

mamasmissionimpossible Wed 08-Jun-11 21:42:36

mycat - I am still chuckling about yours, hilarious grin

duckdodgers Wed 08-Jun-11 21:52:13

Oh these are funny, sorry grin

Ive had loads but one that sticks in my mind is when I was about 12 - and Im now 40 so it rates up there because I still cringe at it!

I was in a dancing class and we were putting on our annual dance show. We were all in lines of about 6 people from the front of the stage to the back, kneeling down with our heads on the floor. When it was our lines turn we had to stand up with a bag "tada" kind of leap and start our dance, starting from the back row and working the way forward 1 row at a time.

You can probably guess whats coming.........I was so nervous....just waiting for our lines cue...and stood up with a huge "TADA"!!! Only it wasnt quite my lines turn yet, it was the line behind me who were dancing away and then there was me, standing there like a plonker while the rest of my row were still face down on the floor!!! Oh god the shame still burns bright, and then I had to crouch back down in front of an entire hall full of people looking at me, and get up again when it was our turn blush grin

Jammyrella Wed 08-Jun-11 21:59:39

Some of these are truly cringeworthy!

For me, two things spring straight to mind...

1. Living in halls of residence at uni, went from my room to laundry via toilet. In the laundry there is this older guy I really fancied and we stoood chatting. I felt nose starting to run a little and got tissue out of pocket, ready to blow it. But we were having a good chat and laugh so I never quite got round to blowing nose and stood there absent minded-ly turning the (still folded) tissue round and round in my fingers. After ages I looked down and realised the "tissue" was actualy an unused sanitary pad that I had popped in my pocket on leaving my room and then hadn't actually needed in the toilet blush

2. At a massage/aromatherapy class I was lying on the table, half naked, with a towel over my bottom and thighs while my class mate practised massage on my lower legs. Then the teacher wandered over, whipped the towel away and started demonstrating how the next week's lesson was going to be bottom massage, and proceeded to massage my buttocks with half the class gathered round to watch!

Darnsarfupnorf Wed 08-Jun-11 22:00:33

bohica- i NEED to here that story!!

FlubbaBubba Wed 08-Jun-11 22:14:45

duck yours is brilliant! grin I am in tears at yours in particular.

I've had a number of embarrassing moments, but the worst that springs to mind was when I was secretly going out with a bloke from work and we worked in an open plan office. I got an email from him (or so I thought! blush) saying "I know where you live", so I pinged an email back post haste saying "well I know where your tongue's been! wink wink!" - pressed send, and immediately realised the original email was not from my new man, but from a rather straight-laced, po-faced colleague by the same first name! blush
The look on his face was priceless!! I immediately rushed over and tried to make up some hilarious story to cover myself. Not sure he bought it!

arsenicandoldlace Wed 08-Jun-11 22:27:43

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/1147579-To-be-Fecking-Mortified/AllOnOnePage

I have now recoverd from the shame and have moved on with my life grin

MyCatHasStaff Wed 08-Jun-11 23:00:28

Yes Bohica, you need to share. I love anything that involves firemen........ wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: