Talk

Advanced search

How come I was recognised?!

(7 Posts)
seakelp Wed 08-Jun-11 14:36:00

I usually do the school run with my hair brushed, tidy appearance, spot of enhancing makeup.

Unfortunately, yesterday for the first time I completely ran out of time so I sprinted up to the gates with unwashed, frazzled hair, ugly shellsuit lookalike gardening wear.

Imagine my utter horror and humiliation when one of the dishy dads there came up to me and said hello, smiling even.

How could he have possibly recognised me? shock

RunsWithScissors Wed 08-Jun-11 14:44:57

You must exude a bright and wonderful aura that completely masks the rushed mum look ;-)

Insomnia11 Wed 08-Jun-11 14:47:05

I think it's worse if people don't recognise you if you aren't wearing make up. Whenever I didn't wear make up for work, or anywhere where people were used to seeing me with makeup used to ask me if I was tired or ill sad

Now I don't give a shit am confident enough not to wear make up for work or much at all, apart from for nights out when I enjoy wearing it, and people have to take me as they find me!

Onemorning Wed 08-Jun-11 14:50:26

It's the law of sod.

Flisspaps Wed 08-Jun-11 14:52:22

Are you single? Could be a winning look for you!

Some men are really put off by the high maintenance look (or any kind of look that requires any kind of maintaining) - perhaps Dishy Dad prefers his women to be a bit more natural and shell suited grin

springbokscantjump Wed 08-Jun-11 15:28:21

My most shame-faced moment while looking scruffy was when I decided to go into work in a total state less than perfect condition. So my boss says to me half way through the ward round 'listen, I know we normally make the night shift stay but it looks like you had a horrendous night so go home now'. I don't know who was more embarassed, me or her, when I told her my shift was just starting.

Onemorning Wed 08-Jun-11 19:40:25

That's brilliant springbok!

My ex boss used to do the walk of shame occasionally when he met a new lady. We never stopped teasing him about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now