Talk

Advanced search

To judge 'text mum' this morning...

(42 Posts)
MooMooFarm Wed 08-Jun-11 10:20:50

DCs school entrance leads onto a fairly busy road. Often when I walk away from school I see a woman walking with a small toddler (approx 18 months?) who is very toddly and obviously hasn't been walking long. In my head she's 'text mum' because she always seems to have her head down texting as she walks along. It winds me up everytime I see her because her toddly child is usually a good 10ft or so behind her, and is sometimes precariously close to the road. Text mum seems oblivious.

Today text mum was doing her usual and also pushing an empty pushchair with the other hand. Toddly was toddling in front. Toddly was v close to the road and I was walking behind them; judgy pants chaffing badly.

Text mum unknowingly gets right up to toddly, pushes the pushchair right into toddly's legs and almost knocks her over INTO THE ROAD - one of toddlers arms is over the path & on the road. Text mum doesn't notice!!!! There are no cars about. I gasp loudly, feeling horrified, run round on the roadside and bend down to reach out for toddler. Text mum stops & finally notices - ignores me - says 'silly girl, up you pop', to toddler and puts her hand out for her to get up.

I'm still standing there doing my best impression of a goldfish. Text mum glares at me (with a very red face) and flounces off - with toddly walking behind again.

MooMooFarm Wed 08-Jun-11 10:21:48

Meant to finish with - what is it with some people? I would honestly take}more care of a fcking pet dog angry angry angry

bupcakesandcunting Wed 08-Jun-11 10:22:51

YANBU. She is a dick.

Someone will be along shortly to tell you why you are wrong, though.

UnicornRainbowLove Wed 08-Jun-11 10:22:53

TODDLER

bupcakesandcunting Wed 08-Jun-11 10:23:58

Also, yes Unicorn grin

Firawla Wed 08-Jun-11 10:24:01

yanbu, would not really be that hard to put phone away and hold child's hand.

MooMooFarm Wed 08-Jun-11 10:24:36

I know it's 'toddler' thank you unicorn. I was abbreviating toddly toddler to make the point that it was not a toddler who could walk well, it was a very 'toddly', very young toddler. Are you trying to poke a wound up person by some chance? Are you text mum?????

MooMooFarm Wed 08-Jun-11 10:25:40

Thank you bupcakes & firawla. Deep breaths, deep breaths......

ooohyouareawfulbutilikeyou Wed 08-Jun-11 10:26:07

Meant to finish with - what is it with some people? I would honestly take}more care of a fcking pet

agree i see this every day - its not just the texting its the constant mobile glued to the ear, ignoring the poor kid

why bother having kids - why not just buy a better mobile phone

also, if it was a dog you were allowing to run ignored, everyone would be up in arms about how neglectful the owner was being

MadamMemoo Wed 08-Jun-11 10:26:32

And breath

UnicornRainbowLove Wed 08-Jun-11 10:27:04

I think you need to chill the fuck out and stop using twee words and excessive punctuation.

It gets right on my tits.

MooMooFarm Wed 08-Jun-11 10:27:45

Oh well fuck off my thread then grin

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Wed 08-Jun-11 10:27:50

Frightening. Some parents though have this innate belief that drivers have catlike reflexes, 20:20 vision, bubbling over with telepathy that will prevent any car hitting their precious children. They take such risks. sad

Spagbolagain Wed 08-Jun-11 10:28:13

YANBU
I would be judging away as well, sounds terrible. Not so much about knocking child over, I trip over mine fairly frequently, but a toddler not under close control at the side of the road is not good. Poor child.

MooMooFarm Wed 08-Jun-11 10:28:31

sorry everybody else blush

UnicornRainbowLove Wed 08-Jun-11 10:28:48

Nope. grin

bupcakesandcunting Wed 08-Jun-11 10:29:36

The way this thread is going...

TimeForLunch Wed 08-Jun-11 10:30:38

YANBU and the rest of this thread has got me giggling. Although, getting back to the point, it sounds like this woman is being an idiot. Hopefully she will think about what she's doing a bit more after your encounter.

MooMooFarm Wed 08-Jun-11 10:30:41

grin

God don't they look young there shock

MadamMemoo Wed 08-Jun-11 10:31:02

Bupcakes, you're on a roll today!

MooMooFarm Wed 08-Jun-11 10:31:55

Yep am hoping her read face was because of embarrassment rather than anger.

MooMooFarm Wed 08-Jun-11 10:32:33

'read face'??? grin

bupcakesandcunting Wed 08-Jun-11 10:34:07

I've had no sleep. I'm always at my prime when I've had no sleep grin

MooMooFarm Wed 08-Jun-11 10:34:18

And bupcakes you've just reminded me how yummy Bob Mortimer used to be before he went crinkley.

smileyfacestar Wed 08-Jun-11 10:35:59

I hate seeing small children walking near roads without holding hands/on reigns etc. I can't believe that some parents are oblivious to the danger. I often wonder if I worry too much compared to some friends of mine (some will happily let their 4 year olds balance next to large rivers) but actually I think I have the correct approach. OP, you can say toddly if you want! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now