Talk

Advanced search

to be slightly offended by my 2 year-old?

(14 Posts)
TandB Wed 08-Jun-11 09:06:48

DS has had chicken pox and been off nursery. His spots crusted over unexpectedly quickly so we came back to London (where I work half the week) and swung by the nursery and the manager came out and checked and said he could go back today.

Now bearing in mind I have spent the last few days devoting every waking minute to a grumpy, bored, hug-wanting, spotty toddler, you would think he might be slightly grateful. But no. The second he saw the manager, his little face lit up and he started yelling 'out! Nur'shry!" When he realised he wasn't going in, he howled all the way home, periodically yelling 'Nuuuuur'shry!" and "Muuuum. Nooooooo".

This morning he ran in with cries of joy, leaving me standing at the door muttering 'er, bye, I'll see myself out then, shall I?"

Bloody ingratitude. I shall remind him incessantly of this when he is 18 and annoying me.

AmazingBouncingFerret Wed 08-Jun-11 09:10:08

Aww bless him, reminds me of when my sister took her DS to school for the frst time. He ran in without a backward glance leaving her there while numerous other children were crying and clinging to their mums.

He cried when she came to pick him up...

grin

pjmama Wed 08-Jun-11 09:10:41

grin Just be grateful he clearly loves going to nursery! They're all ungrateful little buggers though, so don't take it personally. I cease to exist when Daddy is around. It used to upset me, but now I just make the most of not having them hanging off my legs for a bit!

PinkSchmoo Wed 08-Jun-11 09:16:11

YANBU
DD has told me to go away so many times today I'm seriously considering it.
She's 2 also.
Toddlers.

jbells Wed 08-Jun-11 09:17:36

Lol my dd is exactly like this always runs in excitwdly without looking bk and now when i pick her up she generally ignores me and winges all the way bk to the car. Least i know shes enjoying the 30pound a day smile i quite often tell her if mummy was rich u cud go everyday hehe she goes 2 days a wk

comedycentral Wed 08-Jun-11 09:17:40

This made me giggle! Just think he won't be calling out for the nursery when he wakes in the middle of the night, your what really matters. smile

jbells Wed 08-Jun-11 09:18:09

My dd also 2

TandB Wed 08-Jun-11 09:28:27

Oh lord, don't get me started on the dad-worship. I think my DP must think I beat DS when he is not around.

lisianthus Wed 08-Jun-11 09:33:11

Mine does this too. She LOVES nursery and the (admittedly really fantastic and loving) people there. Probably the most annoying instance of this was when we were on holiday and as we went out one morning to see the sights, she kept asking "[name of nursery manager]?" hopefully and was disappointed when I had to tell her that she wasn't going to nursery! She also blanks us as soon as she enters the nursery and runs off to play with the toys and the other children.

HMTheQueen Wed 08-Jun-11 09:36:23

My son did this when I gave up BF'ing him. I thought there might be some separation issues - maybe some problems taking a bottle.

Nope. Nary a backwards glance. Thanks DS - I grew you, pushed you out and fed you... and this is how you thank me! grin

To be fair - I did get the crying at nursery for the first week or so - so it kind of evens out grin

SkipToTheEnd Wed 08-Jun-11 09:46:23

My dd did tis for playgroup, nursery and school. Barely even waved to me.

DS is the opposite - howls when I leave him at nursery and with relatives.

I can't decide which is more upsetting for me!

IgnoringTheChildren Wed 08-Jun-11 09:49:19

grin YANBU! However the parents who walk into nursery with their whimpering DC wrapped so tightly around one of their legs that they need 2 members of staff and a truck load of interesting toys to detatch them every morning (thankfully not speaking from personal experience!) might feel that you're being ungrateful for having such a well adjusted child! wink

SkipToTheEnd Wed 08-Jun-11 09:50:43

oh and HM - my ds was a prolific bf'er and I never thought we'd wean him before school the rate he went but one day at 13 months he just didn't ask and when I offered at bedtime he just shook his head and pointed to his cot!

Gee thanks then son. I thought it was meaningful experience for us both but you obviously didn't grin

Onemorning Wed 08-Jun-11 15:00:00

YANBU. When my niece was about 2/3, she learned to say 'I love you'. One day she looked at me and lisped 'I love you Aunty One.' Then looked at the nearby building site and shouted 'I LOVE diggers!' sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now