Talk

Advanced search

to have a small moan? Just a little one and then I'll get on with the day.

(19 Posts)
Reality Wed 08-Jun-11 07:29:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Abra1d Wed 08-Jun-11 07:31:45

Huge mug of tea, plus chocolate cake.

hanaka88 Wed 08-Jun-11 07:38:07

Lots of tea and sympathy smile

BellaBearisWideAwake Wed 08-Jun-11 07:40:19

Sounds horrendous. Childminders are wonderful wonderful people.

MrsDistinctlyMintyMonetarism Wed 08-Jun-11 07:42:26

That does sound entirely shit Reality.

brew with added biscuit

or would you prefer pizza bear?

Make plans for a nice weekend lie in with trashy mags too.

honeybee007 Wed 08-Jun-11 07:44:14

Another mug of tea, and toast. I'm 34 weeks along and have a 17 month old dd and that's knackering enough! Make sure you get plenty of iron to help beat fatigue.

honeybee007 Wed 08-Jun-11 07:46:14

Also have you got the spd 'how to ease your pelvic pain' leaflet from your midwife? I just got another one yesterday, been waiting for a physio appointment since Easter so if it's already very bad pain you should see if your midwife will refer you for physio now as the wait is loooooong.

youarekidding Wed 08-Jun-11 07:49:29

Yes have a cup of tea from me as well.

It's not an easy job being a CM. Don't underestimate it - especially as like you say if you take a day off it affects lots more people than one of your mindees parents doing it iyswim?

Look after yourself.

cottonreels Wed 08-Jun-11 07:50:48

Ahh, do something nice with your neice today and make your sis jealous wink

Reality Wed 08-Jun-11 07:55:11

honeybee007 Wed 08-Jun-11 08:03:19

My leaflet says 'keep your legs together at all times' which made me snigger haha, also when you sit to keep knees together with a thin cushion/pillow under your knees and behind your back, same for bed.walk slowly and take small steps.stop whatever you're doing as soon as you get a niggle of pain.not to cross your legs or sit with your legs curled up.stand or change position every half hour and do pelvic tilts to avoid stiffness.walk up stairs one step at a time leading with your better keg and with your worse leg on the way down.avoid steep or uneven surfaces for walking.don't stand with more weight on one leg.avoid lifting/pushing heavy objects like trolleys.

All this of course is easier said than done when the are kids around, hope at least some of it helps till you get your physio OP.

honeybee007 Wed 08-Jun-11 08:03:50

keg leg

CurrySpice Wed 08-Jun-11 08:08:07

Oh that does sound like you need a rest!

Sadly having no paid leave is one of the down sides of being self employed. And it sucks sad

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Wed 08-Jun-11 08:11:52

You poor thing, Reality. I do feel for you - I work part time, and the days I'm at work are easier, physically, than the days I'm at home with DD, not to mention that I can always drop her at daycare and ring in sick if I get really bad, but I can't 'ring in sick' to my SAH days. And there's you, more pregnant, with actual pain, looking after several children.

Rosebud05 Wed 08-Jun-11 08:12:31

I was in a similar situation I was pregnant with ds. I work freelance and had made commitments to clients that I didn't want to break. I did paid work 2 days a week and every evening, and looked after dd the rest of the time. DH was working full-time and doing a time-consuming course so the childcare was very much mine.

I remember pounding the streets with SPD, a heavy cold and a temperature with my dd in her buggy so that my dh could have quiet at home!

A friend of mind was pregnant at the same time. She didn't work outside the home, her dh would take over the childcare at the weekend and her mil had her older daughter 2 days a week.

I couldn't even start to compare our lives and I was so jealous of anyone who has job that they can call in sick to when they are sick.

This ain't gonna get easier for you. You're going to have to rethink your commitments and build in some rest time.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 08-Jun-11 08:15:43

Yeah! Only 15 weeks more of pregnancy to go!

I couldn't walk when pregnant with DD so applaud your efforts.

Have your moan, enjoy it, then invest heavily in stickerbooks so you can at least sit down with the tots for a bit.

Reality Wed 08-Jun-11 09:13:22

honeybee007 Wed 08-Jun-11 09:17:24

Oh how lovely of the arse hole! Good plan for a lie down and chocolate, enjoy some quiet time while you can smile

comedycentral Wed 08-Jun-11 09:19:04

Lots of brew and biscuit for you today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now