Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to poke dh in the ribs a little?

(18 Posts)
Daenerys Wed 08-Jun-11 00:31:30

he only snores whilst sleeping on his back! But it might wake him up. I work late evenings & am not tired at all!

worraliberty Wed 08-Jun-11 00:33:20

Stamp on his nuts...this works in my house grin

Fair enough I'm done having kids though...

Daenerys Wed 08-Jun-11 00:34:34

Do you know how hard it is to laugh quietly??

worraliberty Wed 08-Jun-11 00:35:29

Yeah, I have to do it whilst plotting my nut stamping antics grin

Daenerys Wed 08-Jun-11 00:42:23

Tried telling him to shift. Didn't work. He's asleep and won't listen!

worraliberty Wed 08-Jun-11 00:43:32

Leave the Bastard!!

Oh no wait..I thought I was on the relationships board blush

Daenerys Wed 08-Jun-11 01:04:49

Hah. He woke himself up talking nonsense!

teraspawn Wed 08-Jun-11 09:51:40

Roll him over if you can.

A really effective but extremely high-risk strategy is to hold his nostrils closed. He'll either snort a bit and roll over or wake up and hate you for a month.

nijinsky Wed 08-Jun-11 10:21:40

YANBU. I have this "thing" about snoring, I find it quite disgusting. I used to shout at DP "You're snoring" in a loud voice whenever he woke me up, on the premise that if he woke me up then he was getting wakened up himself. Very effective. So effective in fact that he took himself off to the doctor and ended up getting an operation on the NHS for a deviated septum, which while not entirely curing the problem, has mostly alleviated it.

tabulahrasa Wed 08-Jun-11 10:25:58

I kick mine when he snores, which sounds really violent, rofl - but not a full on trying to hurt him kick, just kind of flailing a leg at him.

I figure if he's keeping me awake with his snoring, I'm not so fussed if I wake him up trying to stop him...though to be fair it is a fairly regular occurrence that I'm awake at silly o'clock because of his snoring

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 08-Jun-11 10:35:53

DH used to have sleep apnoea. He had a surgery on his septum which has sorted that out.
He does tend to snore if he's been on the beer. A toe punt up the natal cleft soon sorts that out.

ooohyouareawfulbutilikeyou Wed 08-Jun-11 10:37:38

i sleep in the spare room smile

tabulahrasa Wed 08-Jun-11 10:41:11

i don't have a spare room sad I do sometimes sleep on the couch, but that's not a fantastic night's sleep either

Daenerys Wed 08-Jun-11 11:16:00

oh dear, i should consider myself lucky, dh's snoring isn't very loud and it happens only if he sleeps on his back!

i did poke him in the end :D (feels evil)

My mum and dad still sleep in separate rooms because my dad's snoring is SO loud.

i can hear my dad now, i'm in the living room with the door closed, he's in his bedroom with his door closed. i'd wake him up if he didn't have trouble sleeping last night.

katvond Wed 08-Jun-11 11:20:30

I'm the snorer here, being poked doesn't work for me he as to hold my hand or turn me on my side. But if he's woke me up I always apologise as I know I've kept him awake. Those nose strips work too smile
Good luck OP
My DH sympathises with you

katvond Wed 08-Jun-11 11:22:09

Oh and he taped me one night as I didnt believe him
I sounded like an evil monster

Fenouille Wed 08-Jun-11 11:28:24

Snapping your fingers is a less violent way of stopping snoring. But whenever I do it my DH protests that he wasn't asleep. SO WHY ARE YOU SNORING THEN? hmm

allhailtheaubergine Wed 08-Jun-11 11:31:21

I find shouting "STOP BLOODY SNORING" coupled with a hefty shove does the trick.

My husband mumbles some apologies, turns over and is back asleep in seconds. Then he brings me tea in the morning and apologises again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now