Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed at this nurse's comment?

(49 Posts)
herbietea Tue 07-Jun-11 20:45:33

Message withdrawn

ShowOfHands Tue 07-Jun-11 20:48:06

What an absolutely disgusting attitude to display towards somebody.

Please do complain.

Did ds manage his exam ok?

squeakytoy Tue 07-Jun-11 20:48:50

I would complain to the practice manager. Some people really are in the wrong profession. confused

Katiebeau Tue 07-Jun-11 20:50:29

This is unusual but some nurse practioners don't acknowledge what they don't know that Drs do!!! The second time she saw him she should of referred him to the GP.

LynetteScavo Tue 07-Jun-11 20:50:35

shock

You are only annoyed? I would be hurt and angry.

fifitrixibell Tue 07-Jun-11 20:51:19

You definately wouldn't be unreasonable to write a letter to the practice manager. At least your GP was sympathetic.

RevoltingPeasant Tue 07-Jun-11 20:51:19

YANBU. She sounds quite unprofessional, calling you 'that woman" esp where you cld hear and refusing to look again at your Ds - basically deciding on her own it couldn't possibly be worse despite having said herself it was infected!!

Do you think it affected his maths ex?

microserf Tue 07-Jun-11 20:53:38

Normally I would say not to complain, but this is quite an extreme case. Personally, in this case I would. She treated you and your son with contempt in a public space - that's not on. Very unprofessional.

onepieceofcremeegg Tue 07-Jun-11 20:54:10

I would be furious, upset/concerned for my son, and I would report her for her unprofessional and unkind attitude. (and I am a nurse myself btw)

sprinkles77 Tue 07-Jun-11 20:54:12

complain. ffs it could have caused permenant damage. The stupid cow needs to realise that even if her clinical abilities are substandard, a bit of humility and a nice bedside manner are pretty basic attributes for all healthcare professionals.

iwanttoseethezoo Tue 07-Jun-11 20:56:08

Yes, complain - she sounds like an old cow!

diabolo Tue 07-Jun-11 20:56:24

What a nasty sounding nurse.

(I'm not a huge fan anyway as one managed to mangle my vagina giving me a smear test and then smiled at me as I bled all over the couch-thing)

<wanders off muttering "what a cow...>

Eglu Tue 07-Jun-11 20:58:21

YANBU you should cetainly complain about her attitude.

Icelollycraving Tue 07-Jun-11 20:59:00

Definately complain to the practice manager. She needs some coaching on her bedside manner.

catsareevil Tue 07-Jun-11 21:01:26

I would be complaining in that situation. A nurse should not be talking about you like that and it sounds like the receptionist was better able to guage the severity of your DS condition than the nurse prescriber.

MumblingRagDoll Tue 07-Jun-11 21:03:25

Complain! In writing. Who on earth does she think she is! I hope DS yes are better. sad know how awful it can feel.

ginmakesitallok Tue 07-Jun-11 21:07:47

Complain - she is obviously not recognising the limits of her own practice. Your poor DS - how is he now?

herbietea Tue 07-Jun-11 21:07:50

Message withdrawn

SuePurblybilt Tue 07-Jun-11 21:10:45

Can you appeal re the exam?
I am shocked at what she said, even worse that she said it publicly in Reception for all to hear. What a cowbag.

UrsulaBuffay Tue 07-Jun-11 21:12:03

What a biatch shock

mamas12 Tue 07-Jun-11 21:16:44

You can get a doctors note to put with his examination paper to state the condition of his hayfever now so get onto that while you're writing your letter of complaint.

NonnoMum Tue 07-Jun-11 21:17:30

Apart from anything else - you need to let the exams officer at Ds's school know - he should get special consideration towards his exams... But you will need a Drs note.

MrsHerculePoirot Tue 07-Jun-11 21:18:41

I hope your DS feels better soon. If your son feels it affected his exam you should ask the GP for a letter and write to the school giving them a copy as they can then apply to the board for special consideration. It won't change his grade by a huge margin, but every mark counts. I am a secondary teacher btw who used to have responsibilities for exams, not that is really that important, but in case you didn't know you could do that.

EightiesChick Tue 07-Jun-11 21:23:44

Complain to stop this happening to anyone else's son/daughter. Say in yout letter you will contact the PCT if the practice manager's response isn't satisfactory.

beesimo Tue 07-Jun-11 21:42:43

Nurse needs a rocket up he backside, if she thinks patients requiring help are such a nusiance why don't she get a job chewing seed for gummy parrots silly witch.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: