Talk

Advanced search

To secretly really hate it when other DC's prod, poke and dry hump my DS

(15 Posts)
SinisterBuggyMonth Tue 07-Jun-11 14:05:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shinyshoes Tue 07-Jun-11 14:12:07

YABslighltyU, most children will behave this way. My DD bites other when she is really frustrated and annoyed (3yo), My elder 2 were making a sledge last week and while they weren't looking she grabbed the hammer and ran over to my friends little boy who she was annoyed with. I believe she would have hit him with it, needless to say the elder 2 weren't allowed the hammer anymore.
This poor boy has had all sorts of toys wacked around his head but that said he's done it back to her, pushed her etc.

I'm sure your little one won't be scared because he's been whacked and poke and had sand tipped on him smile

BTW I tell my friends little boy off as she does with mine when she gets out of hand

strandedbear Tue 07-Jun-11 14:13:02

ShatnersBassoon Tue 07-Jun-11 14:13:35

YABU and overprotective. I, and all of my children, have been walloped by dozens of babies and young children, but I've never thought of it as a personal attack.

Of course it's unpleasant to see your children on the receiving end of a swinging fist or a clumsy fall, but it's not anything to get upset about.

SinisterBuggyMonth Tue 07-Jun-11 14:31:59

shinyshoes Tue 07-Jun-11 14:33:20

where are you when all this happens? at the park ? soft play? friends houses?

SinisterBuggyMonth Tue 07-Jun-11 14:37:25

GypsyMoth Tue 07-Jun-11 14:39:55

it happens to other kids too,just as much!

its just kids isnt it??

WhereYouLeftIt Tue 07-Jun-11 14:40:00

" I secretly want to tell the kids off (I obviously wouldn't)."

Sorry, not obvious to me why not?

GrimmaTheNome Tue 07-Jun-11 14:44:12

YABU - of course you hate it when your DC gets hurt, however it happens.

Of course you can intervene, not necessarily to 'tell off' but maybe redirect or encourage to play more gently.

whatsallthehullaballoo Tue 07-Jun-11 14:50:37

This is what young children do. Just learn when and how to avoid confrontation with your child and hopefully you will minimise the risks of him being hurt.

ChristinaEliopolis Tue 07-Jun-11 14:54:20

'AIBU to dislike my child being hurt?' Hmmm - I'll have to think about this one.

SinisterBuggyMonth Tue 07-Jun-11 14:59:25

vmcd28 Tue 07-Jun-11 15:09:10

when you become a parent, you're allowed to tell off other kids - not shout at them nor be OTT, but tell them to stop. The same way that you'd expect someone to do that to your DS if he was hitting another child. But at this age it's telling them not to do something, as opposed to giving them a row, ifswim.

I dont get your comment about the Tesco trolley. confused

WhereYouLeftIt Tue 07-Jun-11 15:13:35

Right, so it's fear of reprisal rather than belief that you can only reprimand your own children? Are these other parents really that bad? You've said they've been "mildly apologetic", has this led you to believe they'd react badly to you saying 'Don't do that' to their kids?

Park and sandpit they're probably strangers, but surely you know them in the baby group and your house? Start there, get your confidence, and then progress. And if these other parents have a problem with you doing so, stand your ground and tell them that you shouldn't have had to do it, it was their job to tell their children off BUT THEY WEREN'T DOING IT SO YOU HAD TO.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: