Talk

Advanced search

to be disappointed that the Spain weather forecast is rain?

(13 Posts)
Ruggettee Tue 07-Jun-11 12:49:52

One week abroad - first one in 3 years. We leave tomorrow and the forecast is 20 degrees and rain. I so wanted a week in the sun. Humph and humph.

It will be lovely........if it does rain it wont be for long and I am sure it will be hotter than 20!!

Enjoy, it will be fab smile

valiumredhead Tue 07-Jun-11 12:54:09

Won't rain for long and it will be WARM rain! ENJOY!

Where are you going? We've got wonderful weather today and the forecast for the next 10 days is great. It's a bit windy, but no clouds and 26 and sunny.

Ruggettee Tue 07-Jun-11 12:56:21

Thank you. I know we'll be away and that'll be nice in itself. But I imagined basking in the sun.

Whenever I think of rain, I think of our English cold downpours and being damp and miserable.

Ruggettee Tue 07-Jun-11 12:57:50

Ooo...someone really there!!!

We're going to Costa Brava. Planning on a few trips to Barcelona. Where are you, Rock?

I'm in the south, but El Mundo's forecast yesterday says around 24/26 up there this next week. Showers tomorrow and possible light ones on Friday but sunshine the rest of the time. I am insanely jealous you'll be going to Barcelona. Such a fantastic place - have you been before? Can recommend a couple of fab restaurants close to the centre that DON'T break the bank if you like.

But then again, I'm jealous, so maybe I won't grin

Ruggettee Tue 07-Jun-11 13:05:57

Yes please do!! All recommendations gratefully received.

You don't know how happy you have made me, suggesting I may still get a suntan. grin Shallow? Moi?

nijinsky Tue 07-Jun-11 13:10:15

Thats so unlucky. You will just have to concentrate on cultural things while the weathers bad. I went for a month in February to Marbella (to recover from a serious bout of illness) and the weather was really hot and sunny almost every day. Even when there were a couple of days of rain, it blew over quickly and returned to sunshine.

bupcakesandcunting Tue 07-Jun-11 13:12:49

Rain was forecast for 4 of the seven days we were in Zakynthos last year. As it happened, it rained on ONE day for about 30 minutes. It was so hot that no-one moved off their sunlounger/out of the pool and the greek ladies who ran the apartments were cackling at us hysterically from behind the bar for sitting in the rain smile Was hot the rest of the time.

Very shallow. Shallower than a shallow thing in fact grin

Right: This place is just great. Kids or no kids it's a lovely place to eat. Not expensive at all, about 15/20 minute walk from Las Ramblas and DELICIOUS food. You can't book, but for supper I'd get there just before 8ish or 1 for lunch.

There's a good Hard Rock at the top of Las Ramblas, and mid way down Las Ramblas is Boqueria THE most fabulous food market with amazing tapas places. It's just an awesome sight (for me as a foodie anyway) and it's fun (for me...) to have a variety of tapas at several of the places within.

On a not so sunny day I would recommend going to Port Aventura, either to the waterpark or the theme park itself.

There is a great aquarium in Barca too.

Las Ramblas is FULL of great street entertainers, like Covent Garden but more, and the Olympic site down at the beach is also loaded with great bars and restaurants.

Obviously there is all the wonderful architecture (practically makes me weep...) and walking down Paseo de Gracia there are some of Gaudi's buildings (and top notch shopping...).

The main hub is Plaza de Cataluña, off which runs Ramblas and Gracia, and you can also get tour buses from there as well.

Have a WONDERFUL time, it is one of my 3 favourite cities in the world.

bupcakesandcunting Tue 07-Jun-11 13:49:54

Oh, if you're in Barcelona, you'll not be stuck for things to do! Please go to Barbarribar on Avenidas Diagonal and have their chicken wings tapas and a bottle of their white rioja, just for me. envy

Ruggettee Tue 07-Jun-11 13:57:49

Thanks Rock. I have made a note of all those places and will be sure to have a good look. Love the tip about the food market. Me and my DH are definietely foodies - he is happiest when he has a full tummy!

Feeling much more excited now.... grin grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now