Talk

Advanced search

to think you shouldnt click buy it now if u cant pay right away

(7 Posts)
youmaynotlikethis Tue 07-Jun-11 07:48:17

im sick of ebayers clicking the buy it now on ebay then not paying for a few days,i only use buy it now if i pay there n then,you wouldnt walk into a shop and pick up something and expect to be able to put it behind the till for a few days

WhenDoISleep Tue 07-Jun-11 07:50:53

You should tick the 'Immediate Payment required' option in your listings. It take the buyer straight through to the checkout screens.

EricNorthmansMistress Tue 07-Jun-11 08:23:18

It's perfectly acceptable with ebay purchases to wait 3 days before payment. You can pay extra to have an immediate payment thing added to your listing so the sale doesn't go through until they pay - but it's extra.

KaraStarbuckThrace Tue 07-Jun-11 08:39:59

You can only use the immediate payment required option if you have a Paypal Premier or Business account. If you have this then yes, the immediate payment button is available and the item remains available to other buyers until someone pays for it.
It doesn't cost anything for this option, btw.

But it is bloody annoying!!

SarahStratton Tue 07-Jun-11 08:54:04

I thought you had 7 days to pay? Don't really use ebay much, but if you want immediate payment, you are BU be annoyed if you're not using the immediate payment option.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Tue 07-Jun-11 09:35:59

Sellers really need to watch their step with their buyers because it's annoying, when I'm on one of my 'sprees' that can go on for two or three days sometimes, to receive not only an invoice but a demand for payment and a seller e-mail chasing it, the followng day.

It's convenient to pay for all the stuff in one go and as long as you're within the paypal limit of 7 days, it's no concern of the seller's. If they choose to make an issue of it, they risk bad feedback (which they can't return), wrecked DSRs and loss of business.

I never both buying multiples from anyone who forces 'immediate payment' on a BIN. It's annoying to me to have to go into paypal and pay in the middle of what I'm doing. Seller's choice, mine also - they probably lose the sale because I'll find the same thing elsewhere and pay a bit more to shop the way I want to.

Ebay isn't the same now, if you want to sell on their, you play with the 'big boys', the outlets and business sellers and you offer your sales on the same terms - or be forced out - or leave of your own accord and find another venue.

KaraStarbuckThrace Thu 09-Jun-11 05:57:09

Non paying bidder disputes can be filed after 4 days. So no you don't have 7 days to pay unless the seller specifies this in the listing.

And it is also a PITA for sellers who want to make one trip to the PO, to have to wait for payments coming in over several days, unfair on the buyers who do pay up promptly. Then what happens is the seller gets hassled by these prompt payers wanting to know why you haven't sent their parcel!

I am both a buyer and seller (though on a very small scale). Please bear in mind that ebay is now skewed heavily in favour of buyers and not sellers! And because they daren't risk neg feedback the honest seller will bend over backwards to assist you with your purchase.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now