Talk

Advanced search

Bored.com

(11 Posts)
troublebum Mon 06-Jun-11 23:15:37

Hi I am new to all of this but would love some advice. I hate my job of 15 odd years, I have no interests, no hobbies, no idea what I would like to do as a job. My life revolves around work, cleaning and dealing with the kids. The evenings, I sit and watch tv or go on fb, or read the news online, other than that I am cleaning, working, or looking after the kids. I am shy so going to a fitness class or gym fills me with dread, and nobody is willing to go with me, as I have asked many a friend in the past. I am not depressed, and fairly happy go lucky, but I feel life is passing me by. I would love to get away from "office work" but I have no talents or interests, so I can't do anything else! not even sure if this is posted in right place!!

bluejeans Mon 06-Jun-11 23:28:49

Hi trouble, how old are your DCs? You are not alone....I have no advice, sorry but am watching this thread with interest as I feel that way too recently, I have actually felt bored for the first time in years as DD is older and needs me less, and DH is often busy doing stuff...my life has changed little in the past 5 years and I need some inspiration!

cornsilks Mon 06-Jun-11 23:29:20

go running? do couch to 5k

worraliberty Mon 06-Jun-11 23:30:04

I refuse to believe you have no talents or interests. I'm sure if you think very hard you'll find something smile

When my sister divorced after 30yrs of marriage, she was 50yrs old and joined an internet group (not a dating one) where single people met up once a week just for friendship.

I wonder if there's something like that in your area?

continuousexpansion Mon 06-Jun-11 23:32:23

What did you want to be when you were younger? Could you do some voluntary work to try something different? Or a college course in either something vocational or just something that interests you (I've always wanted to do a ceramics course)

troublebum Mon 06-Jun-11 23:35:43

I am good at what I do job wise, but I hate it, and I can't think of another 20 odd years doing a job that I am good at but hate doing, feel a bit in a rut. My kids are 8 and 5, so still young so can't just get up and go out when I feel like it, not that I have anywhere to go smile

troublebum Mon 06-Jun-11 23:40:44

When I was younger, I wanted to be an air hostess, then a hairdresser ( I lasted about a year at that) then a pop star smile not with my singing voice, a beautician, crap at make up, basically I love anything hands on but am rubbish at it lol

continuousexpansion Mon 06-Jun-11 23:47:38

Most beautician stuff doesn't involve putting makeup on though.

troublebum Mon 06-Jun-11 23:52:08

I don't mind waxing and tanning that would be good, but I need to make the same amount of money as I do now to pay my mortgage, and I am quite well paid, but it just covers my mortgage, just!

continuousexpansion Mon 06-Jun-11 23:55:40

That's the problem I imagine with being a beautician, I don't think it pays well, unless you run your own salon. You could do a bit of both jobs if you could go part time with yours maybe?

troublebum Mon 06-Jun-11 23:59:55

Unfortunately mine is part time already, but thank you for your advice

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: