Talk

Advanced search

To think he should apologise to DS's teacher tomorow?

(32 Posts)
HeartBurnQueen Mon 06-Jun-11 18:16:50

I asked OH to call the school to re-arrange DS's consultation evening tomorow. He kept putting it off, making excuses etc but I couldn't do it as I was at work so I got cross with him and he reluctantly agreed to do it.

This is what he said to the teacher:

"The pigeon wants to know if we can change appointments coo coo"

The teacher was like "sorry??"

OH still not apologised and teacher probably thinks we're on crack.

I told him I want him to apologise to the teacher when we go tomorow whereas he believes it would be better to let the teacher forget about it. I don't think he will!!

AIBU?

usualsuspect Mon 06-Jun-11 18:18:23

Why did your dp say that confused

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 06-Jun-11 18:18:42

Are you married to the late Professor Stanley Unwin?

TakeItOnTheChins Mon 06-Jun-11 18:19:46

Huh??

HeartBurnQueen Mon 06-Jun-11 18:19:54

He was just trying to be funny and embarass me. Payback for making him call I suppose.

PercyPigPie Mon 06-Jun-11 18:21:07

Are you on crack? hmm

ObiWan Mon 06-Jun-11 18:21:54

Did he also make dog noises at the postman from behind the door? And terrorise the foreign -exchange student?

Are your family singularly unhinged?

Birdsgottafly Mon 06-Jun-11 18:26:29

'Making him call', why was it your responsibility to begin with, if you were unable to call because you were in work?

He is a knob for thinking that communicating with your DS's school is a time to behave in a stupid manner.

Goblinchild Mon 06-Jun-11 18:29:31

It will gain your son some sympathy in the staff room.
So there is an upside to having an embarrassment for an OH.

Allinabinbag Mon 06-Jun-11 18:29:56

You are now the laughing stock of the staff room. I would pretend it never happened (hopefully the teacher will start to doubt herself and wonder if you were watching a wildlife programme in the background...)

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 06-Jun-11 18:30:50

Eh confused ?
What have pigeons got to do with it?
<have just come off the seagull thread, people seem to have birds on the mind today>.

continuousexpansion Mon 06-Jun-11 18:31:20

The teacher won't forget it, unless you can persuade him or her to share some of your crack.

Salmotrutta Mon 06-Jun-11 18:31:33

Hahaha - I can't believe he actually did that! He is now labelled for all eternity as a loon Great British eccentric and will be discussed in the staff room for eons! Eons I tell you!! grin

MadamDeathstare Mon 06-Jun-11 18:32:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

worraliberty Mon 06-Jun-11 18:32:59

Oh God, I think your child will actually want him to dance at weddings rather than ever ring his school again.

Goblinchild Mon 06-Jun-11 18:35:01

Salmotrutta, I fear you are wrong. There are many weirder and more memorable parent/teacher exchanges than that to be the stuff of legend.
They'll giggle for a week or two at the most.
The question is, did the teacher understand and rearrange as asked?

needanewname Mon 06-Jun-11 18:38:14

Why on earth did he do that?!

Can't wait to hear what happens when you go for the meeting.

You probably don;t want to hear this but your DP has really put a smile on my face!!!!

whatsallthehullaballoo Mon 06-Jun-11 18:51:47

Er...have you tried counselling?

Salmotrutta Mon 06-Jun-11 19:09:28

smile - I know Goblinchild - I was teasing the OP. But he will be gossip for a bit! grin

Gentleness Wed 08-Jun-11 20:47:07

I am still giggling about this every time I remember it. Dh thinks I have lost the plot.

thelittlefriend Wed 08-Jun-11 20:51:54

what the hell? The Pigeon? I tried to read that to my dp but couldn't get the words out I was laughing so much

needanewname Thu 09-Jun-11 09:31:38

So come on OP, how did the meeting go? Did the teacher understand the message? Are you now known as the loon parents at the school? We need answers!

fuzzpigFriday Thu 09-Jun-11 09:39:15

Your DH sounds like an immature twat.

yoshiLunk Thu 09-Jun-11 09:43:19

I just don't get it, someone explain it to me..

<thicko emoticon>

fuzzpigFriday Thu 09-Jun-11 10:33:18

Yoshi - her OH meant that he was being sent as a carrier pigeon to take the message (of changing the time) to the teacher. Implying that it was just 'her indoors' (the OP) being difficult, and removing any responsibility from himself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now