Talk

Advanced search

I don't think DH works harder then me.

(4 Posts)
BorderBinLiner Mon 06-Jun-11 16:53:01

DH has informed me that he works harder then me. He has a full time job at a desk but only commutes two days a week, does major DIY projects from 7-9 pm three days a weekduring the summer months & makes me a coffee in the morning. He spends other evenings on the computer shopping for DIY, Ebay bargains & car bling and killing pixies.

I look after the children, entertaining friends & family, housework, more housework, cooking, shopping, cut the grass, mow the lawn, so all the routine domestic stuff plus provide the labour for the major DIY tasks. I sit down at 8pm and watch the Sopranos box set or have a bath for an hour.

Am seriously annoyed that he thinks that his major, but one off diy achievements are harder work then the dull, repeative shit I wade through every day.

ooohyouareawfulbutilikeyou Mon 06-Jun-11 16:54:43

leave the bastard!

Onemorning Mon 06-Jun-11 17:11:09

You could swap? Perhaps ask him to do the dull, repetitive shit for an agreed period, while you take over his major projects. (Pixie killing optional)

BorderBinLiner Mon 06-Jun-11 17:45:48

ooohyouareawfulbutilikeyou - don't tempt me.

Onemorning - that is what grates, I'm far more capable then him at wielding or the welding the hammer but since pregnancy & childbirth everything has changed, I learnt to look after small children and he can but only seems to manage short periods before worming his way out of cooking dinner/ironing laundry/picking up crumbs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now