Talk

Advanced search

Meekly asking AIBU (although I know I probably am)

(21 Posts)
whatsallthehullaballoo Mon 06-Jun-11 13:11:39

I just had my hair cut and bleached a nice bright blonde. I stupidly revealed the hair cut \I was having to a friend and lo and behold guess who has a TWIN now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feeling like I have been shafted. uh huh. Oh well...I don't own the hairstyle.

MmeLindor. Mon 06-Jun-11 13:13:49

YABU to use so many exclamation marks, as they make my eyes hurt.

YABslightlyU to be annoyed at your friend, but understandable. Does your hair look better than hers?

I am rather cross because I had my hair cut and coloured two weeks ago and Amanda Holden has copied me.

WriterofDreams Mon 06-Jun-11 13:14:33

Is your friend a nutter?

whatsallthehullaballoo Mon 06-Jun-11 13:14:50

Holy Crapola - Write her strongly worded letter if i were you grin

No more exclamations. In fact a full stop probably would have had a better effect.

whydobirdssuddenlyappear Mon 06-Jun-11 13:15:29

YAB a little bit U. Imitation is, after all, the sincerest form of flattery.
YWNBU to be worried, however, if she started wearing identical clothes, erasing messages from your dp and throwing your dog out of a window...

MmeLindor. Mon 06-Jun-11 13:16:49

I may well do that, Whatsallthe.

So... who looks better?

cheekeymonkey Mon 06-Jun-11 13:17:12

Do you look like the beverley sisters?

whatsallthehullaballoo Mon 06-Jun-11 13:17:18

Actually she hasn't coloured hers blonde so I am over reacting a little bit but the fringe - oh the fringe that neither of us had and now both of us had is just so identical I am weeping at the thought of us side by side like two little bezzies out shopping.

whydobirdssuddenlyappear Mon 06-Jun-11 13:17:55

So tell her you've got bored with it and you're going for a pink mohican.

WriterofDreams Mon 06-Jun-11 13:18:07

Oh I see you're the nutter not her.

whatsallthehullaballoo Mon 06-Jun-11 13:18:18

I look better. I think. tut. I should have definitely looked better but she STOLE my freaking fringe.

whatsallthehullaballoo Mon 06-Jun-11 13:19:41

Yah yah I will get over it. But our haircut is identical. I had mine done on saturday and she just got back from the hairdressers. I am not a nutter. She planned it I am sure. smile

MmeLindor. Mon 06-Jun-11 13:19:53

yes, tell her you are having it cut really really short, and buying those horrible trousers that someone linked to last week. The ones from M&S

WriterofDreams Mon 06-Jun-11 13:20:38

I suggest pulling the fringe off her head and stamping on it while screaming "You copycat, I'm telling my mother on you!" That'll do the job I think.

whatsallthehullaballoo Mon 06-Jun-11 13:21:37

Do you think that would work WriterofDreams?

MmeLindor - maybe I will.....hmm.

WriterofDreams Mon 06-Jun-11 13:29:51

It would work if your mother is still alive what. Otherwise, telling a headstone about her might not be very effective.

whatsallthehullaballoo Mon 06-Jun-11 13:33:50

Well I have a mother of sorts but I haven't spoken to her for six months. Nothing to do with hair styles though.....

Actually friends mum likes me so I could tell her mother but I wouldn't want to sound like I am whining or anything wink

WriterofDreams Mon 06-Jun-11 13:36:19

Telling her mum is a risky venture. She might give your friend a good walloping (as is her duty) or she might nod and smile and then encourage your friend to disinvite you from her slumber party.

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 06-Jun-11 13:38:03

Half term in England?

whatsallthehullaballoo Mon 06-Jun-11 13:44:54

Writer - you speak sense. I shall keep my feelings to myself - but I shall ignore her for a while and she may get the point.

Ok - am pissing myself off now with this charade.
Kreecher - they are back to school this week. A tongue in cheek post that's all.

lazarusb Mon 06-Jun-11 14:38:23

Buy her the dvd of Single White Female grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now