Talk

Advanced search

..to hate the use of the word TWUNT?

(13 Posts)
vmcd28 Mon 06-Jun-11 10:45:51

It just comes across as very "Oh, I'm so clever, I've managed to merge two rude words together to come up with a new word". Even though both words mean exactly the same thing in the first place.
If you think someone is a twat, just call them a twat.
That is all.

worraliberty Mon 06-Jun-11 10:47:38

No I love it. It's very descriptive.

scurryfunge Mon 06-Jun-11 10:47:45

That is a forrid thing to say, you fooliot grin

katvond Mon 06-Jun-11 10:49:42

I prefer cunt it get my point across very easily

LittleMissFlustered Mon 06-Jun-11 10:51:51

I personally prefer knobrash. Why make people think that a part of a woman is anything other than fablous, blame it all on the mefolk wink

<snotles off to make subpar tea and dunk biscuits>

FoundWanting Mon 06-Jun-11 10:55:13

I like it a lot, but took it as a mixture of 'twit' and 'cunt' so meaning 'stupid cunt' but not so aggressive IYSWIM, more 'socially inept, morally irresponsible, self-serving fool'.

passiveaggresive Mon 06-Jun-11 11:03:02

i agree with you katvond, but sometimes twat isnt strong enough but cunt is reserved for special occasions ;)

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 06-Jun-11 11:07:44

I like it, but then I like all sweary words except minge. That makes me feel sick.
DH calls DD a silly twat sometimes. My mum was horrified. Twat means cunt in London, twat means divvy or a smack in Manchester according to him.

DontCallMePeanut Mon 06-Jun-11 11:23:13

Twat is a term of endearment in my circle of friends. Cunt is reserved for people being completely and utterly unreasonable. Twunt is for someone being stupid, yet is applied in a friendly manner, whereas cunt is more aggressive...

IgnoringTheChildren Mon 06-Jun-11 11:29:08

I like twunt. As others have said it fills the gap between twat and cunt in terms of its severity. Plus I like how it sounds and it's more socially acceptable for using at work. grin

vmcd28 Mon 06-Jun-11 11:30:50

But kreecher thats my point - it's not a swear word at all, it seems so "I'm being rude <giggle> and naughty saying it!" iyswim.

Cunt is a perfectly descriptive word, worra smile. I genuinely don't get what changing the word adds to it? If anything, it has less impact.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Mon 06-Jun-11 11:32:16

YABU

Twunt!

vmcd28 Mon 06-Jun-11 11:33:06

But any time I've seen twunt used on mn, it DOES mean a complete and utter prick, not friendly at all

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: