Talk

Advanced search

in thinking,you're my ex,you treated me very badly so why the fuck are you sending me a friends request??

(23 Posts)
BumWiper Mon 06-Jun-11 09:35:18

Thats all.

GypsyMoth Mon 06-Jun-11 09:36:05

oh i got that too....its nosiness

SnuffleTurtle153 Mon 06-Jun-11 09:39:52

I got that too. Ashamed to say that rather than simply pressing 'ignore' I replied with a list of reasons why I hope that girl he cheated on me with gives him genital herpes and his knob falls off and he dies a lonely old man wearing the same pissy parker he's had for 10 years in a back alley clutching my photograph and weeping I wouldn't be accepting his request. Which I rather think made me look like a bit of a dick. So don't do that. Just ignore.

ZXEightyMum Mon 06-Jun-11 09:40:59

grin at Snuffle especially the bit about the photograph.

GypsyMoth Mon 06-Jun-11 09:41:44

accept it in the dead of night.....have a good look at his profile and wall and photos......then delete him as a friend immediately!!

BumWiper Mon 06-Jun-11 09:45:21

Im PML'ing here.
I've no desire to nosy into his life.Its been 11 years since we broke up.We have no mutual friends and I've changed my surname and my profile picture is of my goldfish.So how did he know it was me????

SnuffleTurtle153 Mon 06-Jun-11 09:46:28

Ooooh that's creepy...

Ask him!

vmcd28 Mon 06-Jun-11 09:47:22

Agree with tiffany. Block him as soon as you've looked at his photos etc. smile

TragicallyHip Mon 06-Jun-11 09:49:52

Maybe you were tagged in a photo and he saw you that way?

I'd block him, after having a good nosey!

JanMorrow Mon 06-Jun-11 09:55:20

You can search by email address so if you haven't changed that in years that'll be how he found you. It'll also show up on his feed if you accept, even if you delete 5 mins later, so just ignore!

BumWiper Mon 06-Jun-11 09:56:05

Very doubtful Tragic.

I don't want to look at his photo's or read his info.Maybe he's hoping I'm single and desperate grin.

I'd hump the bedpost before going back to him.

BumWiper Mon 06-Jun-11 09:59:03

I have always had a seperate email for FB since I joined about two years ago.I do have a distinctive first name though but without my currant surname there are a good few of the same first name.

ZXEightyMum Mon 06-Jun-11 10:00:35

I wonder how he knew?

Did you have a goldfish when you were with him eleven years ago? Not the same one obviously.

Perhaps he is overcome with remorse and desperately sending requests to everyone with your first name.

worraliberty Mon 06-Jun-11 10:03:14

Perhaps it's not you he wants to be friends with but your goldfish?

Does your profile info make it completely clear that you are in fact a human and not a fish?

TragicallyHip Mon 06-Jun-11 10:04:49

Are you friends with any of his friends? He must have been searching for you then.

Block him and don't go humping the bed post. Might cause yourself an injury grin

BumWiper Mon 06-Jun-11 10:05:08

Oh thats funny ZX.

[wonders how many Naoise's are looking at his friends request and thinking who the fuck is that?]

We didn't have any pets,no clues at all to show its me.

TragicallyHip Mon 06-Jun-11 10:06:37

Oops just saw that you don't have any mutual friends!

MooMooFarm Mon 06-Jun-11 10:06:52

Agree completely. For me it wasn't an ex who treated me 'badly' as such, more just a couple of exes who wanted to be my 'friend' despite splitting up at least 15 years ago. In both cases we split because it wasn't working for loads of reasons, didn't choose to stay friends, and have had no contact for all that time. And both sent the request late at night.

Personally I just assumed they were fishing around for a fuck buddy and declined the requests grin

BumWiper Mon 06-Jun-11 10:07:05

Oh I'm going to have to enter Steve and Phillip into the witness protection programe.

That would be the fish.

TragicallyHip Mon 06-Jun-11 10:08:43

'Fishing' around MooMoo, that'll be the picture of the goldfish then grin

thingsabeachanging Mon 06-Jun-11 10:11:53

I accepted my dubious ex friend request because my facebook shows the following-

I met Dh mere months after our s@!tty relationship ended.

I now have 2 degrees.

A job I have been in years.

A gorgeous wonderful Husband complete with great wedding pics.

We have our own property.

And best of all I have a stunningly lovely child.

(Look my life is far from perfect and we all have our issues but I am not gonna put that on facebook for the world to see)

Meanwhile he is single, lonely, jobless (for the most part) and living with his mum! And he is not getting any better looking as what is quite obviously alcohol dependancy is taking its toll.

Can you believe HE thought he was better than ME

katvond Mon 06-Jun-11 10:52:08

Block block block block block
Simples

TotallyLovely Mon 06-Jun-11 12:28:43

When I joined facebook I clicked a box I shouldn't have and it sent friend requests to everyone in my email address book! Maybe the same happened.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: