Talk

Advanced search

To regret moving to my home and wish I had

(6 Posts)
TheLadyEvenstar Mon 06-Jun-11 00:11:14

Moved to a house in the middle of a field where DS1 (12) could paddy as much as he liked without me feeling embarrassed all the time?

I want to be away from where people can hear him its embarrassing and I end up apologising to the neighbours and explaining he has AS and cannot always help it. sad

worraliberty Mon 06-Jun-11 00:13:50

I'm sorry for you and your son but I guess explaining is par for the course sad

GypsyMoth Mon 06-Jun-11 00:14:42

have they officially complained?

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 06-Jun-11 00:17:40

No they haven't complained, they are very very understanding.

Always telling me that its ok and they hardly hear anything.

I just feel bad as I am sure they must be able to hear him.

worraliberty Mon 06-Jun-11 00:21:40

Well you know, even parents without SN kids get embarrassed by the amount of noise/arguments the neighbours hear sad

My 19yr old has thankfully grown up and grown into a lovely lad...but Christ on a bike what the neighbours must have heard/suffered when he was aged 12 to 17...I don't even want to think about!

Nextdoor have a 1yr old (who is very quiet) and a 3yr old who does nothing but scream when he's happy and scream when he's sad...and scream when he's indifferent (or so it seems) but that's life living with neighbours.

Yours sound very tolerant and understanding so that's a good thing smile

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 06-Jun-11 00:26:58

Its just me, I have been worrying over loads of things tonight.

He came home from a week at mums and almost started within in 2 seconds of walking in the door - ok it was actually about 5 minutes.

I had an hour long talk with my mum and have told her for the next few weeks he is not going there as he has got to realise this is his home and he needs to live by my rules not hers. As grandparents rules and parents rules tend to differ.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now