Talk

Advanced search

Selfish mothers!

(59 Posts)
Booandpops Sun 05-Jun-11 22:36:13

I was at an open farm today. We were invited to feed lambs at 2.30. We arrived early but by the time the lambs were due the feed quite a few parents had arrived with their lo.
I was a bit worried my dd and ds wouldn't get a turn even though we were one of the first in line so I told my dd she may have to share with ds and they prob won't get a bottle each.
Anyway to my delight the farmer explained everyone was to make a circle and the 7 bottles would be passed around the circle ensuring each child had a turn and maybe two. I was delighted as this ensured no tears. Anyway the bottles were passed around clockwise and my lo did get two goes each BUT and to
get to the point the mum next to us didn't once pass her bottle and let her dd hog the whole experience. The child next to them must have missed out so my dh passed them our bottle.

I really wish now I'd commented on her selfishness. Her child surely will copy her actions and grow up selfish and uncaring too!

What's the mumsnet jury say. Have you any similar stories to shock me with? shock

hiddenhome Sun 05-Jun-11 22:39:56

You should have pointed it out to the person who was supervising the feeding. If anyone tried to deny my dcs a bottle to feed the lambs with, they'd have a bunch of wool stuffed up their noses grin

I don't have any similiar stories as I tend to ignore other people when I'm out.

Reality Sun 05-Jun-11 22:40:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bupcakesandcunting Sun 05-Jun-11 22:41:59

Reality. Time for counselling, my lovie. <ushers Reality from thread>

bluejeans Sun 05-Jun-11 22:42:05

Yes - at science centre there was a big bubble thing that took a good few minutes to make - the idea being that after making it you would burst it. One mum lets her son hog it for ages. When my DD finally got a shot they stood and watched then her DS burst the bubble before DD could. I was angry. Specially as the mum didn't even tell him off.

exoticfruits Sun 05-Jun-11 22:43:25

All the time I'm afraid. My DCs used to wait in turn naively sure that an adult would be fair. It was their first taste that life isn't fair but I still got them to have a go and then 'let someone else'-on the grounds that you didn't have to copy bad behaviour.
They used to turn to me and say 'it will be my turn soon won't it' to which I usedto say, through gritted teeth,'yes, when the little girl has finished and she has had a long go' but never seemed have any effect on the parent.
Luckily many are taught to share.

Mum2aLoon Sun 05-Jun-11 22:45:17

I'm with Reality. Kill them all. Or take their kids off them at birth. And then sterilise them. And then kill them just to be sure.

LandofMilfsandHunnis Sun 05-Jun-11 22:49:16

troisgarcons Sun 05-Jun-11 22:50:36

*Her child surely will copy her actions and grow up selfish and uncaring too!

What's the mumsnet jury say. Have you any similar stories to shock me with?*

grow up

usualsuspect Sun 05-Jun-11 22:52:22

ffs

GET OVER IT

<weeps>

scottishmummy Sun 05-Jun-11 22:53:51

pushy mums have different genomes they could survive a nuclear winter and still come out top of queue.demanding and getting for wee imogen and sam

crispyambulance Sun 05-Jun-11 22:54:35

blimey angst even at feeding time at the farm. you should have told her to stop hogging the bottle yourself grin

Reality Sun 05-Jun-11 22:54:42

MissVerinder Sun 05-Jun-11 22:55:56

good god, all that sheep shit. W
weren't you worried about toxoplasmosis?!

worraliberty Sun 05-Jun-11 22:56:03

YABU if you had breast fed the lambs none of this would have happened

So think on!!

BeerTricksPotter Sun 05-Jun-11 22:56:25

cjbartlett Sun 05-Jun-11 22:57:26

Yanbu
pushy/unfair mum usually can be seen at the park hogging the baby swing

worraliberty Sun 05-Jun-11 23:00:30

Is it just me who feels sorry for the poor bloody lambs??

It must be like going to a restaurant and continually having your food taken off you by a dribbling little snot bag..then given back by another dribbling little snot bag and so on....

Or worse still..having your bottle of wine taken from you and given back a few times...I'd want to kill the bastards shock

MumblingRagDoll Sun 05-Jun-11 23:04:01

oooh shocking! We were at a party at the weekend and my DD2 was the littlest one....all the bigger kids got in line for activities before she could and not ONE kid let her go first nd not one parent said "let the little one go first"

She's just turned three and some of these kids were 8 and 9! She stood patiently though bless her and had a good time....

MumblingRagDoll Sun 05-Jun-11 23:04:27

Btw I didnt expect them to let her go first every time...but maybe once?

posterofagirl Sun 05-Jun-11 23:05:02

I'm with Worral. I thought petting zoo's had stopped providing formula, bottles and sterilizing facilities because of the new WHO guidlines grin

bibbitybobbityhat Sun 05-Jun-11 23:05:35

Roffle at worraliberty grin.

BumWiper Sun 05-Jun-11 23:21:22

LMAO Worral.

sims2fan Sun 05-Jun-11 23:23:05

I remember taking my niece to a park a few years ago, when she must have been about 6. It was very busy, and she stood and waited for a swing for a while then had a go. All of the other children on the swings (there were about 8 swings in total) were on before she was, and a lot of other children were waiting for turns. After she had had a decent go I made my niece get off to let someone else have a turn. None of the other children had offered, and none of their parents had suggested to them that it might be nice to let another child have a go. So my niece was the last one on, but the first off. I just think it's common courtesy to limit time on equipment that is to be shared by a lot of children, but I think these days I am in the minority on that view.

spiderslegs Sun 05-Jun-11 23:30:47

Am with Reality, kill them, then remove their reproductive organs & stamp on them so no bastard can harvest their eggs & keep the line going.

Then fuck off back to university, get a physics degree, followed by a PHD in some seriously fucked-up maths shit, invent a time-macine, go back, wipe out her earliest descendants & ensure this evil shit is never perpetrated in the first place.

& all will be well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now