Talk

Advanced search

If you suddenly became seriously rich, like billions or trillions, so you could literally buy anything you wanted....

(258 Posts)
Reality Sun 05-Jun-11 20:49:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BrianBadonde Sun 05-Jun-11 20:50:39

I'd buy the binest bindian biskey. Ber.

DarrellRivers Sun 05-Jun-11 20:50:46

Houses
I would buy lots of houses
As presents for people
And for myself

HarrietJones Sun 05-Jun-11 20:51:28

Buy property. Get a cleaner. Go to NYC.
I'd go a bit wild at first then panic & hoardblush

SybilBeddows Sun 05-Jun-11 20:51:36

I would just become unfeasibly lazy.
I wouldn't do things with marbles and custard (tut!) but I would have people to squeeze the toothpaste onto my brush, like Prince Charles.

expatinscotland Sun 05-Jun-11 20:51:48

Yeah, but it's never gonna happen.

SybilBeddows Sun 05-Jun-11 20:53:11

ooh, ooh, I have just thought what else I would do.
I would employ very clever people to argue for me on Mumsnet, so I would always win every argument on here.

DarrellRivers Sun 05-Jun-11 20:53:11

but you can dream expat....

I would spend months, and hundreds of thousands, on furniture and furnishings for my new house. I already know which dining table I would have - how sad am I?

Gay40 Sun 05-Jun-11 20:54:56

I would love to fill the Eifel Tower with balloons.

Allinabinbag Sun 05-Jun-11 20:55:02

I would employ a chef and never ever cook a meal again in my life.

TeddyMcardle Sun 05-Jun-11 20:55:44

Invest heavily in immortality I think.

nijinsky Sun 05-Jun-11 20:56:02

No, I would be much the same as now. I would buy development properties, develop them, and try to sell them for a profit. Or rent them out. But I'd buy the better opportunities that I can't currently afford.

I might also buy some racehorses, but I'd try to pinhook them (buy them as youngsters and sell them a year later for a profit).

crispyambulance Sun 05-Jun-11 20:56:33

i'd buy wales

Tee2072 Sun 05-Jun-11 20:57:34

Aliababaa I already know which bathtub I would buy, so I am just as sad.

I would buy some land and have my dream house built. In that house would be a bathroom just for me with my bathtub that I have wanted for most of my life. No grubby little boys or husbands allowed!!

TarquinGyrfalcon Sun 05-Jun-11 20:57:44

I would travel, but I would be able to avoid all the bits of travel I hate

Driving to the airport - chauffeur
Checking in and waiting - into the executive fast track lounge bit
Staying in mediocre hotels - lovely 5 star accomodation
Worrying about packing and forgetting stuff - buy new stuff when I get to my destination

KarmaZBitch Sun 05-Jun-11 20:58:00

I wouldn't go mad, no. I would travel extensively and I would never shop in Primark again, but i wouldnt go all Abramovich, buying yachts and ghastly Roccoco mansions on Bishops Ave, no grin

I want to fill a building with marbles and custard now sad

FlamingoBingo Sun 05-Jun-11 21:00:28

I'd buy a reasonable sized house to live in (ie. not so big I'd need a cleaner to help me look after it!) in the countryside with lots of land and maybe a small holding and make DH stop work. And I'd buy houses for all my family and friends so they could do the same. And I would travel with my family.

ohokthen Sun 05-Jun-11 21:00:53

Holiday for 52 erm weeks, while my house was refurbished. And buy everyone a house.

And a big party for everyone I know, with a holiday for everyone, I know and really really like. wink

Oh and shopping for clothes and shoes and bags and botox and lipo/gastro band and jewellery bracelets and necklaces and earrings.

Oh and a Smart Car for me, and a hmmm for show.

And I would help my bosses out with a cash injection, cause they are nice.

And open a shop - selling whatever took my fancy.

And provide for my boy - Get him a good education.

That doesnt need zillions does it smile

shakey1500 Sun 05-Jun-11 21:01:22

I would build my dream house on a Greek Island (admits to already having an actual drawing of the floorplan), spend most of my time painting on the huge wraparound balcony or when it's raining in my soundproof music room, later adjourning to the library, followed by the piece de resistance- lounging in my indoor bar. All kitted out in wood, a wide bar at juuust the right height for my barstool. A personalised table for each of my family and friends, pool table, dartboard and a mini stage. AND smoking is permitted smile

Tee2072 Sun 05-Jun-11 21:03:58

This is the bathtub, if anyone was wondering

My freedom from work
Money in trust for my family
Start a couple of charity projects

oh and
Someone to do all the housework
err
and an my own artisan chocolate makers

ps Custard is a non Newtonian fluid - they filled a swimming pool with custard on Brainiac and someone walked across it - you could try reproducing that experiment

thefirstMrsDeVere Sun 05-Jun-11 21:05:22

I would buy a pony.

And a static caravan. I would paint it pink and no-one could tell me not to because I would be too rich.

What more could you want?

Bonsoir Sun 05-Jun-11 21:06:13

I'd buy or build two or three really amazing properties and found a school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now